There are 247 users in the forums

Shaun Hill appreciation thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have always been a big Smith supporter and I PRAY that it all works out.

I have also called Hill noodle arm, and referred to his passes as punts or helicopters.

That being said, I want to Thank Shaun Hill for his contribution in the last calendar year. Without him, last season might have made me kill myself or someone else.

And without him this season could be a lot worse. I know the last 1.5 games were brutal, and I mean BRUTAL, but he was doing his job and bringing some confidence to this team before that. Now hopefully Alex has watched and learned enough to be the QB he was supposed to be and lead us to 5 consecutive Superbowl wins, or somethig lke that.

So Thank You Shaun Hill. I hope tio never see you start a 49ers game again, but for all the right reasons. You can be the backup for the next 10 years and I will fine with it.
[ Edited by bigmur49 on Oct 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM ]
THANKS FOR NOTHING! DOUCHE!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Don't turn this into a Shaun Hill bash thread
Originally posted by bigmur49:

I have also called Hill noodle arm, and referred to his passes as punts or helicopters.

That being said, I want to Thank Shaun Hill for his contribution in the last calendar year. Without him, last season might have made me kill myself or someone else.

And without him this season could be a lot worse. I know the last 1.5 games were brutal, and I mean BRUTAL, but he was doing his job and bringing some confidence to this team before that. Now hopefully Alex has watched and learned enough to be the QB he was supposed to be and lead us to 5 consecutive Superbowl wins, or somethig lke that.

So Thank You Shaun Hill. I hope tio never see you start a 49ers game again, but for all the right reasons. You can be the backup for the next 10 years and I will fine with it.

I really don't know what happened to the guy... He is playing completely different than last year, but the others on here may be right... that defenses "figured him out".... I am not willing to eat some crow just yet. I will have to wait and see how AS does (I am hoping for success BTW, since it does us no good for him not to succeed). If he struggles as Hill did, then our offensive struggles are much bigger than just the QB situation... As I rewatched the game last night, the 3 TDs were the exact same play, but we all knew that already.

Hill gave smith the opportunity to sit back and relax, and learn the system. Had Smith started the year, we might be speaking a different tune right now, in return calling for his head. However, hear is looking forward and hoping for a good finish to the season...
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Now he can go back to the local sports bar the Niners pulled him out of. Im sure he reached his career goals for not being drafted and has made more money than he thought he would. He plays hard, but he is not good. The Niners made the wrong choice at QB and thought they would be able to hide Hill because we were going to be a "running team", we couldn't run and Hill sucked. Great guy though.
Good post. We all knew Shaun Hill was nothing more than a stop gap QB, and as far as stop gap QB's go he did extremely well. 10-5 as a starter. He deserves some appreciation.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Although it goes against the theme of my thread this was funny
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Although it goes against the theme of my thread this was funny

I was just joking. He did what he could for us, but I"m glad the coaches finally realized he's unable to take us to the next level. Now it's time for smith to put up or shut up. I'll be happy if we know whether or not we need to draft a QB by the end of the season.

Thanks Shaun! I hope he sticks around. We still need a solid backup QB and I am not sold on Nate Davis yet.
Thank you for the wins. I don't know what happened to you the last few games. But this just proves that to run successfully, you have to be able to stretch the field and Hill is too busy throwing it short as a priority instead of throwing it more downfield. I had more faith in you as our "game manager" but when I saw the Texans drop two potential INTs, I don't blame Singletary for bring Smith in. He's done more in 2 qtrs than you have in a full game all season.

So, here's to thanking you once again for the wins...

But you've really been stinking it up lately, so you're no longer the starter...
Originally posted by boast:
gracias shaun!
Originally posted by SJniner7:

I really don't know what happened to the guy... He is playing completely different than last year, but the others on here may be right... that defenses "figured him out".... I am not willing to eat some crow just yet. I will have to wait and see how AS does (I am hoping for success BTW, since it does us no good for him not to succeed). If he struggles as Hill did, then our offensive struggles are much bigger than just the QB situation... As I rewatched the game last night, the 3 TDs were the exact same play, but we all knew that already.

Hill gave smith the opportunity to sit back and relax, and learn the system. Had Smith started the year, we might be speaking a different tune right now, in return calling for his head. However, hear is looking forward and hoping for a good finish to the season...

He almost looks scared to throw the ball down the field. Last year, he just played and got the ball out.
Share 49ersWebzone