There are 595 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gif of Referee Being Shoved Down in the Vikings/Steelers Game

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
LOL, it was 5 yards!!!

which reminds me, I hope to find a gif of Willis push on Slaton on Sunday on the big run he had at the end of the game..... he push Slaton and he flew like 7-8 yards out of bounce.

i think i missed this play cuz i don't remember it
[ Edited by B_Carmine on Oct 26, 2009 at 12:32 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Totally uncalled for, shoving the ref, that looked premeditated, he needs a nice fine and a suspension.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
That was a great game between the Vikings and the Steelers. There's a part where a ref just gets shoved down from behind in the play. Anyone see it?

He looked like a dolphin for a while. I guess the vikings player thought he was a steeler and needed to be blocked. They mentioned something about in the next owner's meeting or whatever they want to give refs helmets or move them. With today's technology you think we could get them out of the way and not acting like middle linebackers trying to be in the game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Actually the player could have done a little better job avoiding the ref on that one. They are out there completely unprotected. They don't have any helmet or pads. And they are not young and athletic like the players. The player had a 20 yard straight line where he could see the ref. He could have side stepped a little to the right IMO. I still don't see why this hit was necessary?

he shoulda picked the ref up and put him over his shoulder and kept running.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
LOL, it was 5 yards!!!

which reminds me, I hope to find a gif of Willis push on Slaton on Sunday on the big run he had at the end of the game..... he push Slaton and he flew like 7-8 yards out of bounce.

and at the same time..... he got a key 1st down.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
LOL, it was 5 yards!!!

and at the same time..... he got a key 1st down.

hell yea, that was a killer first down!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
That was a great game between the Vikings and the Steelers. There's a part where a ref just gets shoved down from behind in the play. Anyone see it?

I know refs get hit all the time, but it sure looked like this one was intentional. I'd like to see the NFL do an investigation on it, and then act on it accordingly.
[ Edited by fzrdave on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM ]