There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Marty Schottenheimer

• dald1
  • Veteran
Does anyone know whatever happened to him after he got fired? i haven't seen him around in awhile.
I think he is ravens O-coordinator.
Originally posted by nothing03:
I think he is ravens O-coordinator.

I think Cam Cameron is.
Cameron was fired by dolphins ,
and was pursued as being one of the top notch OC's available . Nolan choose Martz over Cameron .

Shotty was HC in SD with Cameron as OC I think .
Shotty is just chillin to get the right gig .

Washington- is not an option , he already got fired once.
Carolina - has a good Game if used right , perfect for Marty ball.
Clev- not a chance . Marty doesn't want full front offfice power but he doesn't want a GM all up in his nuts either.
Houston - good fit .
Bills - good fit.
Dallas - perfect , hope it don't happen
Home chilling and fishing
smoking crack somewhere
Being old
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
and was pursued as being one of the top notch OC's available . Nolan choose Martz over Cameron .

Clev- not a chance . Marty doesn't want full front offfice power but he doesn't want a GM all up in his nuts either.
Houston - good fit .
Bills - good fit.

i wouldnt say not a chance in clev after all didnt he start off there?
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Houston - good fit .
Bills - good fit.

Actually Cameron was apparently Nolan's first choice. Nolan and Cameron talked over the phone but Cameron declined an interview.

-9fA
By the way, i don't think we're going to see Schotty coaching.

Maybe as a defensive coordinator..

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
By the way, i don't think we're going to see Schotty coaching.

Maybe as a defensive coordinator..

-9fA

I think he belongs in the front office actually. He's had multiple HC stints, and I don't think he'll want a bruised ego, esp. at his age.
He looks like he should be a Principal at some High School layin' down the law on all the truants, slackers, tokers, and Hip-Hoppers.

Principal Schottenheimer: "Mess with the bull ya' get the horns! Now get to class ya' little sh its!!!"

[ Edited by Black59Razor on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:53 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the Bills would be nuts not to try and bring him in, I know he probably wants more of a gm-ish position right now... but he is perfect for a city like that. It was a mistake for Cleveland not to bring him back. He can still coach, wtf gets fired after going 14-2?
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
the Bills would be nuts not to try and bring him in, I know he probably wants more of a gm-ish position right now... but he is perfect for a city like that. It was a mistake for Cleveland not to bring him back. He can still coach, wtf gets fired after going 14-2?

That was San Diego that fired him after they went 14-2.

Not that i would have fired him personally, but the firing was also after another epic postseason collapse.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Icedawg316:

That was San Diego that fired him after they went 14-2.

Not that i would have fired him personally, but the firing was also after another epic postseason collapse.

-9fA

At this point, he'd be an amazing asset in the front office.