LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

highest paid wr core?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Does anyone know who might have the highest paid wr core in the nfl? me and my friend are debating. he says we do and i say we dont. the first team that comes to mind are the tards but, im not sure. help please
My guess would be Arizona
packers ?
probably seattle. I'm sure they paid houzmantadaa a crapload of money, same with Branch.
Originally posted by mike9er:
Does anyone know who might have the highest paid wr core in the nfl? me and my friend are debating. he says we do and i say we dont. the first team that comes to mind are the tards but, im not sure. help please

Your friend is a moron if he thinks the Niners have anywhere close to the highest paid group or WR's.
Are we talking starters only?

Fitz is getting like $40 mil/4 yr., Boldin about $22.5 mil/4 yr.

DHB got his ridiculous $38 mil/5 yr. contract.

WhosYourMama got $40 mil/5 yr. and Burleson $49 mil/7 yr.

Not sure on other teams, but from my quick research, it looks like Seahawks so far.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:38 AM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Not sure on other teams, but from my quick research, it looks like Seahawks so far.

Do they have still have Branch?

keep in mind the raiders are paying walker a pretty high contract (unless he gave some back i cant remember).

honestly i would have to say the cardinals, maybe evne the steelers, didnt they give a big contract to holmes and hines has a pretty big contract too if i recall correctly.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by mike9er:

Your friend is a moron if he thinks the Niners have anywhere close to the highest paid group or WR's.

ditto
Arz - Boldin , Fitz ,
Car- Smith , muhhamed , jarett (?)
raiders- walker , dhb,
sea - branch, housh,burleson
bills - Owens,Evans , Parrish

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Do they have still have Branch?

Yes, they do...$32 mil/6 yr. contract and guess what? Branch was on the trading block, I'm sure deadline has passed and looks like no one picked him up.

Click

Edit: Looks like Seahawks win (or lose) the highest paid WR core in the league.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Burleson's contract is not 49/7. That was the "poison pill" end of the deal if Minnesota matched his offers sheet. The deal is actually the same deal we gave Antonio Bryant. four-year, $15 million deal

Quote:

3/24/2006: Signed a four-year, $14.5 million contract. The deal included a $4 million signing bonus. 2009: $3.25 million, 2010: $3.25 million (Voidable Year), 2011: Free Agent

Quote:
To match the deal, though, the Vikings will have to swallow hard. Beyond the size of the total payout and a total of $5.25 million in guarantees, are two devious provisions.

The first would guarantee the entire contract, all $49 million, if Burleson plays five or more games in the state of Minnesota in any season of the contract. The Vikings, of course, play home games in Minneapolis, at the Metrodome there. The second bizarre provision would guarantee the full contract if Burleson is paid more on average per year than all of the Minnesota running backs combined. At least for now, the averages of the Vikings' tailbacks fall well shy of the $7 million average of the Burleson offer sheet.
[ Edited by krizay on Oct 22, 2009 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Burleson's contract is not 49/7. That was the "poison pill" end of the deal if Minnesota matched his offers sheet. The deal is actually the same deal we gave Antonio Bryant. four-year, $15 million deal

Oh yeah, forgot about that.
SEA with branch burleson and Hous
Share 49ersWebzone