There are 233 users in the forums

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If there was any offensive-minded HC we'd want to hire without having to rebuild/shake-up the entire offense, Norv would be the guy.

Not only because our player-nucleus success-ed under Turner (around 2006) at OC, but Norv, flat-out runs a sophisticated 'pass-first' flavor of the Air-Coryell digit system (which he's modernized/further innovated since his time in Dallas during the early 90s).

With Norv at HC (as well his offensive system), it'd be like Shanahan inheriting the Redskins (who was a already a WCO-built team under Zorn that just needed a smart WCO-minded HC).

This
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If there was any offensive-minded HC we'd want to hire without having to rebuild/shake-up the entire offense, Norv would be the guy.

Not only because our player-nucleus success-ed under Turner (around 2006) at OC, but Norv, flat-out runs a sophisticated 'pass-first' flavor of the Air-Coryell digit system (which he's modernized/further innovated since his time in Dallas during the early 90s).

With Norv at HC (as well his offensive system), it'd be like Shanahan inheriting the Redskins (who was a already a WCO-built team under Zorn that just needed a smart WCO-minded HC).

This

The only thing with Norv is that his teams have consistently underachieved. Norv is 10x better OC than he is HC. Plus, whenever he has been HC, I get the impression that the defense always has struggled under him.

I think he would be a candidate here. But I think that he needs strong personnel around him in the scouting department and also on the defensive side. Would I take him? I dunno. I'm still on the Harbaugh bandwagon.

-9fA
OC
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I never had any bad feelings towards Norv. He got offered a better job and he took it. Who wouldn't? I would also accept him back gladly.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I never had any bad feelings towards Norv. He got offered a better job and he took it. Who wouldn't? I would also accept him back gladly.

I want a packaged deal. I just don't know who he has worked with above him that we could also bring in.

Besides Jimmy Johnson
Share 49ersWebzone