LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

Lets see.... Jimmy Raye or Norv Turner. Thats like asking me if I would rather have prime rib or brussel sprouts. The 49ers are going to need someone who actually knows something about developing a QB once this Shaun Hill thing is over and done.
Turner would be the right guy especially considering that his days as a HC are done forever. I would hire Norv for sure.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Of course you hire him. It's 100% certain he will never land a head job again. He could be here forever like Zampese was with Dallas. He's still a great offensive playcaller, remember when we used to run misdirection plays?

Zampese forever in Dallas? How About 6 years total. That's '94 to '97 and '00 to '01.

He was with the Charges from '79 to 86 (Air Coryell) and the Ram from '87 to '93.
I'm not sure how anyone who was a 49er fan in the late 80s and early 90s can't remember that he was OC of the Rams.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
I would love him as our OC and Nolan as our DC

hell yeah i want norv back
Chargers should make the playoffs as a wild card, cake schedule. Norv could still get fired though if they flame out in the 1st round. I'd hire him over Raye in a heartbeat.

However, if Weis were available too I think I'd go for him over Turner if Hill is gonna be our guy at QB. Seems to me that Hill would be a better fit in Weis' system (remember Brady was pretty much a game manager-type QB while Weis was there). I could be completely wrong, but they were big on stuff like short passing (would be perfect with Morgan, Crabs, VD) and screens (Gore is one of the better pass-receiving backs).
Jim Zorn--since it's pretty much almost in the bag that he's going to get canned.

WCO--we're back!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Jim Zorn--since it's pretty much almost in the bag that he's going to get canned.

WCO--we're back!

You mean the Jim Zorn that had his play calling chores taken away? The Jim Zorn that has his offense 29th out of 32 teams in scoring in the league? You cant possibly mean the Jim Zorn that is head coach for the Skins who was never even an offensive coordinator before he got the Head Coach job.

Zorn will be fired for sure but I would not touch him as our OC.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Would you guys want Charlie Weiss if he got fired? I know he's failed at Notre Dame, but there's no denying that he can develop a QB.

I reckon Weiss would bolt for a College position as soon as one becomes available.

-9fA
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

WCO--we're back!

You mean the Jim Zorn that had his play calling chores taken away? The Jim Zorn that has his offense 29th out of 32 teams in scoring in the league? You cant possibly mean the Jim Zorn that is head coach for the Skins who was never even an offensive coordinator before he got the Head Coach job.

Zorn will be fired for sure but I would not touch him as our OC.

LOL, what's with thinking that bringing the WCO is going to take us back to a respectable offense?

Let go of the past. This is like the same people who think Garcia is going to take us to the playoffs.

-9fA
I want him back

It's really too bad that we couldn't have had this, when they were all in the building:

HC - Singletary
OC - Turner
DC - Nolan
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
hell yeah i want norv back

+1
He will probably end up in Washington
If Norv got fired.

I would put an end to my 13 years of sobriety and celebrate with a bottle of bubbly. Then I would call him up pretending to be Jed and ask him to come and visit. I would then stake out HQ and wait for him to pull up in the visitors parking lot. I would then proceed to kick the living s**t out of him.

I dunno, how could a Niner fan do anything different
anybody is an upgrade over jimmy raye
Share 49ersWebzone