LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If Norv turner gets fired at the end of the yr what would you do?

If norv turner gets fired at the end of the year would you consider taking him back?
Would you rather NOT have another OC again? Or would you take him back regardless of the constant changing at that coaching position?
f**k him
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I'd go after Turner if he wants to come back to SF.

But I have a feeler he'll seek out an OC position with greener pastures.
he stiffed us before, he'll do it again
screw turner, he carries a lot of blame when it comes to smith's progression
Though it will be another change at OC. It won't be a dramatic one, since several of the players on O are familiar with it. The important ones anyway... Gore, Vernon Hill/Smith, Heitman.
I'd probably write a letter to Mike Nolan thanking him for going into San Diego, stuffing our old OC aka NFL resident butt crack Norv Turner. Norv Turner always sucked, sucks now and always will suck as a head coach. He shafted us and Nolan returned the favor. I believe that was a devasting loss which has sent the wheels in motion for the ultimate firing of Turner. The owner of Chargers got what he deserved by firing a head coach after a 14-2 season and then hiring this turkey.
Originally posted by GEEK:
I'd go after Turner if he wants to come back to SF.

But I have a feeler he'll seek out an OC position with greener pastures.

This.
Originally posted by King49er:
he stiffed us before, he'll do it again

And this.
I don't think Norv would come back here anyway

I firmly believe that some coaches are only good at doing one particular thing, while others can make it as a Head Coach. However Mike Nolan is only good at being at DEFENSIVE coordinator and he's proving it in Denver. Just as Norv Turner is a very good OFFENSIVE coordinator.

Norv Turner has had his chances at being an HC and has failed them all. San Diego will most likely be his last as I doubt very much that anyone else would hire him as a Head Coach in the future.

Jerry Jones and the Cowboys could be a possibility but after seeing the Chargers regress from being a possible Superbowl contender to where they barely made the playoffs last year and maybe not this year should put a damper on that possibility.

Let's face it, they only made the playoffs last year because Denver had a lot injuries which let the Chargers catch up and bypass them.

It started out as if the Chargers were a shoe in to win their division this year with the Cutler trade, a new coach and the turmoil in Denver at the start. But the way they have taken off, it's hard to see how the Chargers are going to catch up.

Now back to the 49er's. It all depends on Jimmy Raye and his Offensive schemes. If his run, run smash mouth philosophy doesn't work out, it may be time to get Turner back if he's fired. After all, who better to work with Michael Crabtree and whatever QB they may have next year?

BTW: Those that continually harp on Shaun Hill having a noodle arm, if you've been listening to the Broncos, Chargers game tonight .. note that Kyle Orton, being undefeated so far, SELDOM throw passes over 10 yards. That's his role ... to manage the game and not do anything stupid! Seems to be working well for the Broncos!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM ]
Forget about pride and how he left us late in the off-season, hiring Turner would be a dramatic improvement over our dinosaur OC.
Turner > Raye
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Of course you hire him. It's 100% certain he will never land a head job again. He could be here forever like Zampese was with Dallas. He's still a great offensive playcaller, remember when we used to run misdirection plays?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Offer him a contract and withdraw it right when he is about to sign.
Share 49ersWebzone