There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A lesson the 49ers can learn from the Raiders?

Sing did a wonderful job creating an advantage early in the season by his motivational practices. On the flip side Tom Cable completely broke down the offensive line and began working on fundamentals. The raiders were working with a make shift o line yesterday and were still creating holes for their running backs. I believe this is a reflection of how much time he has put into the offensive line as a whole since the beginning of the season. I believe they were playing with two subs but three of their players were in new positions yet the raiders were able to produce a decent running attack.

I was impressed with how their o line played yesterday.
Maybe it was because they got their asses handed to them by the giants

Which antonio Pierce said it was like playing a "scrimmage".

Maybe that motivated the raiders
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
Originally posted by fister30:
Sing did a wonderful job creating an advantage early in the season by his motivational practices. On the flip side Tom Cable completely broke down the offensive line and began working on fundamentals. The raiders were working with a make shift o line yesterday and were still creating holes for their running backs. I believe this is a reflection of how much time he has put into the offensive line as a whole since the beginning of the season. I believe they were playing with two subs but three of their players were in new positions yet the raiders were able to produce a decent running attack.

I was impressed with how their o line played yesterday.

Its difficult to disagree with their play but you have to bear in mind that Eagles lost their LT, their QB is just returning and they only got beat by 4 points. The Eagles are always a side that can lose an easy one in my opinion.
wasn't cable a o lineman in his day? Assuming he was, it would be easier for him to teach his o-line vs. singletary who knows little about it! I think our Oline coach needs to get it together or pack his bags, otherwise we have been drafting terribly since 05'
Originally posted by maximill15:
wasn't cable a o lineman in his day? Assuming he was, it would be easier for him to teach his o-line vs. singletary who knows little about it! I think our Oline coach needs to get it together or pack his bags, otherwise we have been drafting terribly since 05'

I wasn't trying to disrespect sing. I was just writing out of curiosity of how much fundamentals the o line coach is teaching the 49ers o line. I am a firm believer in practicing the most basic techniques as part of the regiment.
they won bc their tight end had a once in a lifetime run that included their WR doing the blocking
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by maximill15:
wasn't cable a o lineman in his day? Assuming he was, it would be easier for him to teach his o-line vs. singletary who knows little about it! I think our Oline coach needs to get it together or pack his bags, otherwise we have been drafting terribly since 05'

I wasn't trying to disrespect sing. I was just writing out of curiosity of how much fundamentals the o line coach is teaching the 49ers o line. I am a firm believer in practicing the most basic techniques as part of the regiment.

i didn't mean to make it sound like you were disrespecting sing, I was just trying to say, cable would be more qualified to teach these things
In my mind, Louis Murphy manufactured that TD. If it weren't for his two blocks on that run, the TE wouldn't have scored.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
they won bc their tight end had a once in a lifetime run that included their WR doing the blocking

Imagine Trotter vs Vernon Davis

lesson being: Even sucky teams get lucky from time to time.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 49,091
Raiders had no business wining that game but that’s why they play em.

Philly’s game plan was horrible only 14 rushing plays all game they avg 4.8 yards per rush and 4.2 yards per pass all the Raiders did was stop the pass and made Philly punt and kick FG’s

Plus the Raiders had two turnovers to Philly’s 0 pathetic
i'd credit this loss on the philly o-line more than the raiders doing anything
I tend to think the Raiders OL was pretty bad yesterday as usual, just that the Eagles defense was incredibly overaggressive and constantly missing tackles, diving at ankles to make big plays instead of running to the ball carrier and wrapping up.
The Raiders could put on an entire conference about how not to do things.

I guess we could all learn from the Raiders then.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,153
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
they won bc their tight end had a once in a lifetime run that included their WR doing the blocking

This. Also because Any Reid is the bizarro version of Jimmy Raye. He refuses to run the football.