LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Adalius Thomas benched

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wow, it looks like he is turning into a bust after the big contract. Wonder if Sing could motivate him.

From PFT:

Adalius Thomas benched for performance
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 18, 2009 10:33 PM ET
When the Patriots made linebacker Adalius Thomas a healthy scratch Sunday, it was fair to wonder if there was more to the story.

The big ticket free agent item missed some practice time the previous week week for non injury-related reasons; there was also speculation Sunday he had an illness.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick laid those theories to rest Sunday after New England's 59-0 win.

"We just went with the players we thought would have the bigger role in the game," Belichick said.

Ouch.

Like Jevon Kearse with the Titans last week, Adalius Thomas was not on hand to watch his teammates play. The 40-year-old linebacker Junior Seau, on the other hand, recorded two tackles in the game. Thomas expected to play Sunday, until he got the news from Belichick.

Time will tell if Thomas' demotion sticks, but it's quite a fall from grace for a player who was given $24 million over the first three years of his contract, signed in 2007.

It's starting to look like Thomas may not get a fourth year.
wait for it.......wait for it......

in 3.....
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

in 3.....

already said in his 2nd sentence lol

Quote:
Wow, it looks like he is turning into a bust after the big contract. Wonder if Sing could motivate him.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

in 3.....

Quote:

damn, my 1st attempt at this, and it failed.

in 3.....

Quote:

in 3.....

Quote:

I'm just sayin..

He is getting up there in years though
I remember back when we were all wondering whether we'd get him or Nate. Did he fall off significantly?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I remember back when we were all wondering whether we'd get him or Nate. Did he fall off significantly?

he hasn't had many sacks for the pats.
AT's age is catching up to him. When he signed that big contract, he was 29. He is 32 or 33 now. His speed/skills is probably diminishing.

His supporting cast in NE is also not as good as it was in Baltimore. He had Lewis, Suggs, Ngata, Reed, etc.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Oct 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by King49er:

in 3.....

Quote:

its ok, your time will come...... very soon

Regarding AT and sacks, i recall the Pats using him mostly at ILB. no?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

100% True. He was not used as an OLB
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

100% True. He was not used as an OLB

He's playing DE right now, he is an OLB. I wouldn't mind having him here. They haven't used him right IMO.
Holy sh*t , that's the webzones Opie.

He still mo shredded than a Julienne salad , meng.

Some members didn't want him because of his age, maybe they were right Or may the Pats aren't using him right, or maybe he got that pay day and decided not to care, who knows

He chose to go to the Pats to stay in the east coast.

I remember that free agency night like it was yesterday, Huff got banned for misleading info, I had about 100 posts that day.
Share 49ersWebzone