There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers looking at Josh Cribbs?

Originally posted by PTulini:
I would LOVE to see our 49ers trade for Josh Cribbs, but we also have to consider the future. How would we be able to afford Cribbs, (who is seeking an extension) Patrick Willis, (also NEEDS a new deal) Vernon Davis, (who finally appears to be coming together as a playmaker) and a draft class which features 2 first round picks? I'd be skeptical.

How many would buy a Cribbs Jersey?
WE SHOULD LET HIM KEEP THE SAME NUMBER!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

please explain. I dont get it cuz I dont know what number he is and I'm too lazy to google. Lunch coma. sorry.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

please explain. I dont get it cuz I dont know what number he is and I'm too lazy to google. Lunch coma. sorry.

[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Oct 16, 2009 at 15:09:39 ]

no we should not let him keep his same number
Originally posted by valrod33:

He could wear #17 or #18. (Zeigler or Spurlock)
Josh Cribbs is averaging 16 yards per punt return. Our long for the season is 14.
I would LOVE to see our 49ers trade for Josh Cribbs, but we also have to consider the future. How would we be able to afford Cribbs, (who is seeking an extension) Patrick Willis, (also NEEDS a new deal) Vernon Davis, (who finally appears to be coming together as a playmaker) and a draft class which features 2 first round picks? I'd be skeptical.

9ers cap situation is good long term, alot of the guys we signed had front loaded contracts such as Clements, J.Smith we have good flexibility and players like M.Lewis, T.Spikes, E.Heitmann, are not costing us that much $. Balmers contract isn't large by any means I suspect we will sign a FA or 2 after the season. We will make the playoffs this year and start building towards a championship.

yeah
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Josh Cribbs is averaging 16 yards per punt return. Our long for the season is 14.

LOL

Maybe it's a consistent 14.

-9fA
If the Browns don't want to trade him maybe we can get Roscoe Parrish instead? He's a pretty speedy guy also. I would love to have Josh Cribbs on this team though, he would really help our whole team because the starting field position would get better, making it easier on the offense to score or get a FG, and on D they would get better field position once we punt. For teams that are mainly defensive teams like us, who don't have a QB that can march the team down the field with their arm, special teams is really important.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
If the Browns don't want to trade him maybe we can get Roscoe Parrish instead? He's a pretty speedy guy also. I would love to have Josh Cribbs on this team though, he would really help our whole team because the starting field position would get better, making it easier on the offense to score or get a FG, and on D they would get better field position once we punt. For teams that are mainly defensive teams like us, who don't have a QB that can march the team down the field with their arm, special teams is really important.

Parrish adds nothing to the receiving corp....might as well have kept Rossum. MM says we're not getting Cribbs. By all accounts Parrish is the most available.
Originally posted by JDeezy:

Parrish adds nothing to the receiving corp....might as well have kept Rossum. MM says we're not getting Cribbs. By all accounts Parrish is the most available.

Maiocco is usually reliable, but he only knows what the 49ers organization wants to tell him.
Originally posted by JDeezy:

Maiocco is usually reliable, but he only knows what the 49ers organization wants to tell him.

There were 6 teams reportedly interested in him. I doubt we'd get into a bidding war for a kick returner. The point is probably moot because the Browns can't trade their best player.

He could wear #17 or #18. (Zeigler or Spurlock)

well first of all, IF he were actually traded here....... he should wear #11 because that's a cool # and i've never seen a 9ers receiver pick it