There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers looking at Josh Cribbs?

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
you mean just like he didn't trade for Cutler and Cassel?

-9fA

Yup, both those guys just tore it up didn't they. Imagine trading away the franchise for these guys and having them perform like they did. Yea, why did Scott trade for these guys. How about Peppers, he'd just fit real well in a 3-4 defense.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
you mean just like he didn't trade for Cutler and Cassel?

-9fA

if you ask me, im glad he didnt trade for them...could you imigane cutler in a niner uniform? he would be throwing 4 picks a game and cassel, what has he done lately

Agreed. But IIRC, there was a lot of uproar that McCloughan wasn't wheeling and dealing and getting these players.

The answer to your question is that it would most likely cost us a high draft pick(s) when a PR/KR can be found instead in the 4th round. As you can see, we need those picks ourselves.

Another answer to your question is that he simply wasn't on the trade block.

-9fA

i cant see any 4th rounder doing what cribbs has been doing and please lets not forget the peope we have chosen with our 3rd and 4th round picks, other than gore, it has been horrible

Huh? Cribbs himself went undrafted. You don't need to spend 1st and 2nd rounders to find quality KRs and PRs when they'll be available in latter rounds.

That McCloughan hasn't done anything with 3rd or 4th round picks is another thread. I would have traded a 3rd or a 4th for Cribbs FWIW.

-9fA

Leon Washington and Darren Sproles were both 4th rounders. And they both started their careers as the 3rd RB on their team and both have seen their roles grow within the offense.
He should trade for B marshall jay cutler josh cribs logan mankins and ryan clady. We would be a solid team.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
He should trade for B marshall jay cutler josh cribs logan mankins and ryan clady. We would be a solid team.
1.ok, but he should do his job and s**t his mouth because sing will kill him otherwise
2.too late
3.why??? only for returns??
4.im with you
5.oh yeah
after looking at highlights from mr. cribbs, i came to conclusion that i would not want him as a 49er. most of his touchdowns are coming off of not so good teams like lions and kansas city. he is aslo not that big of a difference make that we would potentially get for like a c.j. spiller type player. dont get me wrong he is good but not great. he does not have that great of speed. the only thing that i noticed on his touchdown returns is that the blocking was pretty good on special teams that allowed him to escape. he can break tackles and seems like he has the agility/jukes. Joshua Cribbs 2009-2010 Season Highlights to view on youtube. dont know how to apply links but check out his highlights. i want a type a player that is a threat every kick return an punt return like devin hestner, reggie bush, and new comer percy harvin from the vikings. what do you guys think
^
Are you high? Cribbs a is a beast!
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skitzofrenic:
after looking at highlights from mr. cribbs, i came to conclusion that i would not want him as a 49er. most of his touchdowns are coming off of not so good teams like lions and kansas city. he is aslo not that big of a difference make that we would potentially get for like a c.j. spiller type player. dont get me wrong he is good but not great. he does not have that great of speed. the only thing that i noticed on his touchdown returns is that the blocking was pretty good on special teams that allowed him to escape. he can break tackles and seems like he has the agility/jukes. Joshua Cribbs 2009-2010 Season Highlights to view on youtube. dont know how to apply links but check out his highlights. i want a type a player that is a threat every kick return an punt return like devin hestner, reggie bush, and new comer percy harvin from the vikings. what do you guys think

J. Cribbs IS a threat on every KR/PR! He doesn't need super fast speed like the ones you mentioned above as long as he has the vision, burst, break tackling ability, and the agility/jukes. Plus, he didn't just have great returns on teams like the Lions and Chiefs, he ran a few TDs back on teams like the Steelers and Ravens back in 08 and 07. Now that you mentioned it, he also had returns on the Steelers and Vikings THIS year.
Originally posted by pelos21:
^

Cribbs is kind of old.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by pelos21:
^

Cribbs is kind of old.

26?
  • TJA85
  • Veteran