There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers looking at Josh Cribbs?

Something to remember: people on this board will have a heart attack anytime you mention giving up a first-rounder for anything less than a superstar player that is probably worth a lot more than a first.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Something to remember: people on this board will have a heart attack anytime you mention giving up a first-rounder for anything less than a superstar player that is probably worth a lot more than a first.

Cribbs is not worth a 1st rounder. End of story
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

No KR in the history of the NFL is worth a 1st rounder. END of story
If u can use a 1st round pick on a return man say the likes of CJ Spiller then why not use it on Cribbs hes already establish.
With a rookie u just dont know what are u going to get.
Proven guy with the potential now to line up at running back just like he did at the end of the season.

Get it done McNuggets!!!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If u can use a 1st round pick on a return man say the likes of CJ Spiller then why not use it on Cribbs hes already establish.
Proven guy with the potential now to line up at running back just like he did at the end of the season.

Because Spiller is also RB..Cribbs is ONLY a PR/KR..no way would I give one of our first rounders for just a PR/KR when we have other huge holes to fill...I don't care if he lines up in the WC and gets you a few yards.

I never said he was. My statement really had nothing to do with Joshua Cribbs. I said people would b*tch and moan about the suggestion of giving up a 1st for anything less than a superstar player that is worth more than a 1st. In other words, the only way people around here are willing to give up a precious 1st is if we're low-balling the other team.

As for the guy who said no return man in history was worth a 1st rounder.. Devin Hester is a big reason the Chicago Bears went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken, the ultimate goal is to win games. You draft people to help you win games. Game-breaking return men help you win games. So yes, a KR/PR could very well be worth a 1st.

Keep in mind I never said anything about Joshua Cribbs. I personally wouldn't give up a 1st for the simple fact that I know he can be had for less. But you won't see me whining about the thought.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Let's get Cribbs!!!!
KR/PR also have short shelf-lives. A 1st-round pick in a draft is nothing but upside. With Cribbs, we'd be buying what he did last year, with only a few years of upside. I think that's enough for a 3rd-rounder or maybe even a 2nd-rounder, but there are plenty of 1st-round picks I'd rather have than a returnman entering into his 6th season.
Originally posted by sspiker:
KR/PR also have short shelf-lives. A 1st-round pick in a draft is nothing but upside. With Cribbs, we'd be buying what he did last year, with only a few years of upside. I think that's enough for a 3rd-rounder or maybe even a 2nd-rounder, but there are plenty of 1st-round picks I'd rather have than a returnman entering into his 6th season.

Well said, and with reasoning. That's so much more refreshing than:

"NOT FOR A 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be f*cking kidding!!!! "

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:48:46 ]

Because Spiller is also RB..Cribbs is ONLY a PR/KR..no way would I give one of our first rounders for just a PR/KR when we have other huge holes to fill...I don't care if he lines up in the WC and gets you a few yards.

Remember also we are trying to win RIGHT now not 4 or 5 years from now we cant afford to have young guys grow into roles.
Cribbs would bring a instinct upgrade to the position.
How many games did special teams cost us this season? enough to miss the playoffs.

Remember also we are trying to win RIGHT now not 4 or 5 years from now we cant afford to have young guys grow into roles.
Cribbs would bring a instinct upgrade to the position.
How many games did special teams cost us this season? enough to miss the playoffs.

Don't care. I don't want us to give up a 1st on a one dimensional player. We have bigger holes to fill. We could get someone else with a 2nd or 3rd rounder
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Cribbs tweets that he doesn't think he's returning

I would be surprised if we don't go after him, Singletary did state a return guy would be our priority. I want Cribbs!!!!

Cleveland would be stupid to let him go.

who ever said Cleveland was smart?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
you mean just like he didn't trade for Cutler and Cassel?

-9fA

I would take Cutler over Alex Smith. He may look bad this but he has much more upside then Alex ever will.

cutler prospered in a team with a big WR and one of the best o lines in the nfl

go look at Cutlers career stats. his average career season so far looks almost IDENTICAL to the season Alex Smith put up this year, except with more passing yds, and more INT's.
There's a high degree of fart smelling in this thread.