There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers looking at Josh Cribbs?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by backontop:
because if he had the common sense to attempt to trade for Cribbs he would have drafted Desean Jackson THE FIRST TIME HE CAME AROUND!

Yeah, we need a GM that can predict the future.

Hindsight FTW.

When Jerry Rice says the guy is going to be a playmaker in the NFL you listen. No need for hindsight there smart guy.
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I think what everyone forgot was that Cribbs was "rumored" to be in the trade block. But their GM stated that they weren't looking to trade Cribbs.

To be honest, I think their now fired GM would have traded Cribbs for the right price, hence the reason he was fired. The owner put a stop to the fire sale! Just look at the trades for Edwards and Winslow. I can see dumping Edwards, but not Winslow.
[ Edited by Slippy509 on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:06 PM ]
the browns didn't want to let him go
Cleveland has said numerous times they weren't trading him
  • Slippy509
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lamontb:
Cleveland has said numerous times they weren't trading him

I agree that they wouldnt let him go I was just making a point about their x GM
because if he had the common sense to attempt to trade for Cribbs he would have drafted Desean Jackson THE FIRST TIME HE CAME AROUND!

Hindsight FTW.

When Jerry Rice says the guy is going to be a playmaker in the NFL you listen. No need for hindsight there smart guy.

because jerry rice is a all knowing scout right?
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
you mean just like he didn't trade for Cutler and Cassel?

-9fA

I would take Cutler over Alex Smith. He may look bad this but he has much more upside then Alex ever will.

cutler prospered in a team with a big WR and one of the best o lines in the nfl
Originally posted by darkknight49:
madden is the bane of modern football. Now everyone thinks they're a GM who can "just trade" for anyone they want, like it's really that simple....

this
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
cause he is scott McClueless.
madden is the bane of modern football. Now everyone thinks they're a GM who can "just trade" for anyone they want, like it's really that simple....

You can't? I don't understand why the Giants don't trade Aaron Rowland and Jonathon Lowry and get Pujols from the Cardinals.

Hindsight FTW.

If it were only that simple.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd trade a 1st rounder for him
Originally posted by The_Distort:
Can we trade the posters who will find anything to b***h about after a loss?

Good one
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Hindsight FTW.

because jerry rice is a all knowing scout right?

Michael Jordan did awesome with the Wizards, right? lol
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:

this

Compounded with the problem that people are too busy opinionating to follow what's going on. The Cribbs trade rumors were started by the pres there. The Browns made it clear almost immediately that they had no interest whatsoever in trading Cribbs.

Of course, that won't stop of 4 page thread of foaming about our GM on the zone.