There are 205 users in the forums

Kory Sheets picked up by Dolphins...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cools:
Not the first time we have lost good players from our PS who shoulda been on the team

CB D.Holly, OG's Kosier and Dahl, LB L.Grant
* not sure if Dahl and Kos were on PS at the time, but still good players we let slip away

bad move for Niners, congrats to Sheets, that looks like a fun team to play for
and a fantastic OL to run behind

This is sarcasm, right?

Daven Holly is currently sitting at home. He was waived by the Browns after tearing two knee ligaments in the offseason. It's likely he'll never play again. Even when he did, he wasn't anything more than a nickle defender who had one solid year. He was waived by the 49ers (and later the Bears) and never saw the practice squad.

Kyle Kosier signed with the Detroit Lions as a restricted free agent, then signed with the Cowboys as an unrestricted free agent. He never saw the practice squad.

Harvey Dahl and Larry Grant were both signed from the practice squad. Dahl is an above average guard, though he's known has one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. Grant has seen limited action with the worst team in football.

But really, keep dwelling on the (perceived) negativity if that's what makes you happy.
Makes you think...

Has Michael Robinson done enough in your opinion to lock up that #3 RB spot for yet another year?
He'll have the same impact as Marcus Maxwell had with the Bengals-none!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Makes you think...

Has Michael Robinson done enough in your opinion to lock up that #3 RB spot for yet another year?

He played QB in college. That's all that matters.
Regardless of whether or not he would have cracked the starting roster in his career, it would have at least been interesting to see him develop/get better. While it's not the end of the world, it's still disappointing to lose a developmental player that many had high hopes for.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
The fact is we have a h/c and f/o that is unproven. I'm seeing things that I don't really like. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I see some cracks.
For those who wonder why people are complaining about losing Sheets, it's very simple. Coffee showed nothing. When it comes to rb, "he's just a rookie" doesn't apply. You either can see the hole/hit the hole or you can't. Maybe it was the line's fault or maybe it was hit fault. But Sheets offers a skill set that neither gore or coffer have. That is a valuable commodity.
Other things I'm not understanding
Keeping Spurlock to run the wildcat with AB and MR (2 former QB from big time programs) on the roster.
Not getting Jason Hill and B. Jones involved in the passing game.
Well, between Clements looking like a turtle chasing the Falcon receiver, Dre Bly looking like a snail on a what would be pick 6 for any normal NFL DB, Morgan looking like a TE on what would be a TD, and losing Kory Sheets...

...I think our team speed is about as fast as Mike Singletary can run...

...in 2010.
How does this make any sense? cut Spurlock and bring Sheets up would have been the right thing to do here. WTF we want to run 60% of the time but do not have room for another RB but we can hold 7 WR's?
Good for Sheets. He gets to go to a team that actually has a good O-Line ------ What a lucky break for him. Singletary recently said that Sheets wasn't ready to be on a 53 man roster now it will be interesting to see how quickly Parcels and his coaching staff can get him ready. I am curious to see how this turns out.
  • dj43
This was a good pickup by Miami of a player that did not fit in with the 49er offense.

Sheets will thrive behind that Miami offensive line. Jake Long is becoming a stud at LT and Justin Smiley is not only bull strong, as demonstrated by standing up 380 pound Kris Jenkins on a couple of plays , but he is also one of the very best pulling guards in the league. The right side of the Dolphin line is also quite good. They are built for wide plays, stretch plays and quick cutbacks - all of which play to Sheets' strength. He will be able to play in special run packages where his lack of pass protecting ability will not come into play.

The 49ers, OTOH, have bull dozer guards who lack the quickness and mobility to get outside. Hence, the 49er offense is built around power running, not the speed game that fits with Sheets.

I know a lot of people here are upset to see him go but, face it; he didn't fit with this offense. He is better off in Miami and the 49ers are losing a player they could not use anyway.

Sheets looked like he had what it takes to be the change of pace guy from what i've seen, i'm huge into the Big 10 so i have seen him run alot...not just in the NFL. For whatever reason he didn't make the roster as a Niner...Which who knows if that is our loss or not, but for all you people who are hating on him when he didn't even get a chance to show what he can do, what happens if Gore goes down again, and it's up to Coffee and Robinson!? Don't you think just maybe it would be nice to see what he could do?! Good luck to him, I think he will do well given the time!
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
There goes the zone's favorite. Be real, he would never have done anything behind our o-line. At least the Dolphins might use him right.

hey!!! this guy is completely right.... while we're at it. lets give crabtree away to the saints, heck. lets give vernon, frank, and whatever good player we have because we obviously can't use them.... right???

lol because we blew a draft pick on him right? Oh wait, he went undrafted and competed against trash in the preseason. Obviously that means he has to be good.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 13, 2009 at 14:40:14 ]

We really don't need any other running backs when we have this guy.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The world.....is over.
Originally posted by dj43:
This was a good pickup by Miami of a player that did not fit in with the 49er offense.

Sheets will thrive behind that Miami offensive line. Jake Long is becoming a stud at LT and Justin Smiley is not only bull strong, as demonstrated by standing up 380 pound Kris Jenkins on a couple of plays , but he is also one of the very best pulling guards in the league. The right side of the Dolphin line is also quite good. They are built for wide plays, stretch plays and quick cutbacks - all of which play to Sheets' strength. He will be able to play in special run packages where his lack of pass protecting ability will not come into play.

The 49ers, OTOH, have bull dozer guards who lack the quickness and mobility to get outside. Hence, the 49er offense is built around power running, not the speed game that fits with Sheets.

I know a lot of people here are upset to see him go but, face it; he didn't fit with this offense. He is better off in Miami and the 49ers are losing a player they could not use anyway.

This is probably the best post in this thread.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone