There are 234 users in the forums

Kory Sheets picked up by Dolphins...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Well it's a good thing we have Gore back after the bye

For how long though?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
They have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, I must be missing something.

But Good Luck to Sheets. Our offense is designed for more inside running than outside running which doesn't fit Sheets game.
Originally posted by NinerN8:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
if the dolphins just place him on their Pratice squad can we get him right back?

You can only sign a player from another teams PS if you sign him to the 53.

Damn!
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
If I was the 49ers I would cut Spurlock and promote Sheets to our active roster so we can keep him.

Can they still do that?

Yes if another team claims a player of a teams PS, the team has the right to promote the player to their active roster if they don't want to lose that player.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Although it would have been nice to see what Sheets could have done maybe its worth remembering that he did go undrafted (i.e. a lot of teams passed on him for a reason)and although he looked pretty good in the preseason it was against 3rd stringers for the most part.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
They have Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, I must be missing something.

But Good Luck to Sheets. Our offense is designed for more inside running than outside running which doesn't fit Sheets game.

But if the inside stuff only worked in 1 game this year, shouldn't we mix in the outside stuff?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

And what happens if heaven forbid he gets hurt again

1. I don't believe that now he's allegedly been claimed by the Dolphins, we can do anything about it.

2. I doubt the 49ers wanna do anything about it because, well, there's a reason they haven't promoted him up yet, and we OBVIOUSLY () wanna play only 1 back (great for some of my fantasy teams, not so sure it's good for this team).

3. Does anyone else wonder what it would've looked like having this guy doing some OUTSIDE RUNS for us the past two games?

[ Edited by Conejo on Oct 13, 2009 at 13:02:07 ]
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ermj:

Deshaun Foster gets a call!
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Mospeed:

This is what we just lost.

A RB that can score against 5th stringers?

No, a runner who keeps his head up while running between the tackles. If you watch the slow motion you'll notice that he dips each and every potential tackler. And yeah, he's a 5th stringer too...

Oh darn, they signed someone off our PS who never took a regular season snap, yet for some reason is a hero on this board...unreal...
If they signed him, they've got to put him on the 53 man roster, not their PS.

Too bad. Lewis and/or Ulbrich may be done. Why not put one or the other on the IR and sign Sheets to the 53 man roster to protect him.

If Coffee had injured his leg badly this Sunday, we were left with MRob as backup, and we already know he's not a RB.

This is not good news.
Originally posted by 9ermj:

We'll just have to rely on the zone's second favorite: MROB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good for him, at least they will use him.
Wow
Share 49ersWebzone