There are 260 users in the forums

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
when is the trade deadline

Oct. 20th, 12am et.

Brady Quinn or Julius Peppers or Shawne Merriman to the 49ers!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
when is the trade deadline

Isn't it October 20?
With the trade deadline looming on OCT. 20th, are there any REASONABLE trades that would make us better this year and not hurt us in the future?
someone can get that QB kid from the browns for a 5th round , I am sure we can offer them a 4th and they would jump on it and trade down one of our first 2 spots and get 4th or a 3rd round back ! just an idea. Alex we need to move on for his sake and ours , Hill is a good back up , Davis could be the future but we need someone with an arm that can play now !
we need O linemen bad but i doubt there's anybody out there thats worth trading for
Originally posted by cNiner:
someone can get that QB kid from the browns for a 5th round , I am sure we can offer them a 4th and they would jump on it and trade down one of our first 2 spots and get 4th or a 3rd round back ! just an idea. Alex we need to move on for his sake and ours , Hill is a good back up , Davis could be the future but we need someone with an arm that can play now !

quinn sucks cant get an offensive td in i belive 9 straight games anderson turns the ball over too much
...we could always trade to get Sheets back.

hehe
::runs away::
I truly feel we need some OL help, but we have a great defence, why not try to capitalize on the market and grab a couple of players for example:

Sopoaga pkg him with a 3rd rounder to Carolina and get Peppers (Sign him to a 5 year deal).

Alex Smith and our 5th or 6th for Quinn

Lawson and a 4th for Marriman

Franklin and a 6th for Glen Dorsey.

Just a shot in the dark.. what do you guys think?
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
I truly feel we need some OL help, but we have a great defence, why not try to capitalize on the market and grab a couple of players for example:

Sopoaga pkg him with a 3rd rounder to Carolina and get Peppers (Sign him to a 5 year deal).

if you honestly think that quinn > smith ur crazy not only is better he has more upside

I don't think any of those are realistic.

• Cbyram
  • Info N/A
We can always trade our first three draft picks for the buccaneers'.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by cNiner:

quinn sucks cant get an offensive td in i belive 9 straight games anderson turns the ball over too much

#1 He plays for the browns
#2 He would be an upgrade to any backup QB's we have
And #3 He still a young QB who still has the time and ability to make a name for himself in the NFL
Now I am not saying we should go after him but if the price is right come on down

[ Edited by x49ersx123 on Oct 14, 2009 at 06:52:28 ]

if you honestly think that quinn > smith ur crazy not only is better he has more upside

I don't feel he is better I just feel it's time to cut ties with him and let him try to do something with his career. Quinn could use a change, plus he's a big dude so he can take the abuse that our QB's get every week.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Again, I hear the Chargers are trying to move LB Shawne Merriman. (for a good offer)
Also, that KC may be interesting in moving DT Glen Dorsey. From what I hear their coaches aren't happy with him.

Dorsey will be a better fit on a 4-3 team. If I am the Rams, Lions, Texans, Titans or Bucs I am on the line with KC finding out what the asking price is.

(I think other teams could def. be in play but those teams stick out as needing an interior DL especially one with the potential he possesses)

I don't feel he is better I just feel it's time to cut ties with him and let him try to do something with his career. Quinn could use a change, plus he's a big dude so he can take the abuse that our QB's get every week.

My Kerry Blue Terrier is better at handling footballs than Alex Smith...Quinn has looked good at times and the Browns are in turmoil...with Jones and Crabs, we have a better receiving group, so let's get him...
Share 49ersWebzone