LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
Let's give the Browns a 5th for Quinn and We'll give the Chargers a 4th for Merriman! Quinn takes good coaching and definately an upgrade! Merriman should be 100% by next year.
Originally posted by titan:
Let's give the Browns a 5th for Quinn and We'll give the Chargers a 4th for Merriman! Quinn takes good coaching and definately an upgrade! Merriman should be 100% by next year.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Any rumors surrounding the niners?
Again, I hear the Chargers are trying to move LB Shawne Merriman. (for a good offer)
Also, that KC may be interesting in moving DT Glen Dorsey. From what I hear their coaches aren't happy with him.
Shawne Merriman would be a good trade for us we need a pass rusher like him, Another trade would be to upgrade our O-Line we need help there desperately!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Shawne Merriman would be a good trade for us we need a pass rusher like him, Another trade would be to upgrade our O-Line we need help there desperately!

Who is good that's on the block?
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by cNiner:
cut Alex and trade for quinn !

How bout including Alex in a package deal for Quinn? I think Brady Quinn could be a good NFL QB. Hell, he's in Cleveland! Who can blame him for not playing well?

Are we really that desperate?

-9fA
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by cNiner:
cut Alex and trade for quinn !

How bout including Alex in a package deal for Quinn? I think Brady Quinn could be a good NFL QB. Hell, he's in Cleveland! Who can blame him for not playing well?

Are we really that desperate?

-9fA

No our QB's are that sorry!
Since Parys has got his payday and went back into hibernation I think a move for Merriman would make sense. He would instantly come in and contribute on D and is really young.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for itlynstalyn.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Since Parys has got his payday and went back into hibernation I think a move for Merriman would make sense. He would instantly come in and contribute on D and is really young.

He hasn't been the same since the injury and steroid suspension. In 2007 he had 12.5 sacks through 15 games. He only played one game last year and hasn't gotten a single sack this year. I do agree though, he is only 25 years old. I would have no problem trying to acquire him for no more than a 3rd and even that I think is a little steep.

Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

Plus, DC Greg Manusky and Shawne Merriman have a history together. Manusky was Merriman's LB coach in SD.

Here's a link for trade rumors. It has ok info.

http://www.nfl-trade-rumors.com/
I hope we go after Merriman. It seems to make perfect sense, but what do I know? The Chargers really have no leverage because the Chargers already drafted his replacement and it's pretty likely that A.J. Smith is going to let him walk at the end of the season.

We could bring him along slowly to allow his knee to fully heal. I'd love to hear Mgmt's take on this.
Actually, I agree with a few on this board. Trading for Quinn wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would personally try to trade him straight up for Alex Smith. 1st round QB for 1st round QB. In fact, Smith has more experience and has had more success (and failure) than Quinn. If we had to throw in a 7th rounder that could escalate depending on if Quinn succeeds...that would be fine.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Again, I hear the Chargers are trying to move LB Shawne Merriman. (for a good offer)
Also, that KC may be interesting in moving DT Glen Dorsey. From what I hear their coaches aren't happy with him.

The Chief's must just be trying to acquire draft picks. ESPN is reporting that LB Derrick Johnson is also rumored to be on the market. That seems strange to me. Johnson has been the best player on the Chief's D for the past several years, now, he can't even get on the field.

I think Pioli is just trying to acquire picks because he feels that he can build his 3-4 defense quicker (and cheaper) that way. He traded away Gonzonlez, even though Cassel could've really used him. He certainly has his own vision/mold when it comes to building a team. I think the Tyson Jackson pick was a good example of that.

[ Edited by strickac on Oct 13, 2009 at 18:07:52 ]
Share 49ersWebzone