LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

NFL REALIGNMENT (PROPOSAL)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'll email Tagliabu
It's a matter of priorities.

If the owners have input - it's all about the green [$$$] and rivalries sell seats, shirts, hats, bars are packed for games and the cities win also.

I don't see it happening.

I'm originally from NYC, [I hate the Giants the most] and when Dallas was coming to town - it was a major event. All the TV, radio stations hyped it big time. Bars advertised the game in their windows, etc. - it generated major bucks.

I don't see other cities giving up that kind of mullah.
I like the idea of playing every team in the conference every year.
No need to realign ... until LA gets a franchise. Which is probably still a long ways away.
f**k that. I like that we get to play every team in the league every 4 years
They'll probably need to do some sort of regional reallignment if (or when) they decide to start up a European franchise. To be honest, a system like this might be the only way you could fairly incorporate London teams (etc) into the NFL.

Until then, i'm happy the way things are.
Originally posted by OahuHawkFan:
They'll probably need to do some sort of regional reallignment if (or when) they decide to start up a European franchise. To be honest, a system like this might be the only way you could fairly incorporate London teams (etc) into the NFL.

Until then, i'm happy the way things are.

If London truly gets a franchise, I wonder if it might be best to start 2 franchises in Europe at the same time. It just doesn't make sense to only have one team so logistically far away from the other 32 teams. But I can't think of another European city that would host one.
Originally posted by kronik:
If London truly gets a franchise, I wonder if it might be best to start 2 franchises in Europe at the same time. It just doesn't make sense to only have one team so logistically far away from the other 32 teams. But I can't think of another European city that would host one.

TBPH, american football was always bigger in Germany than in the UK....some city near all the Army/USAF bases prob
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
TBPH, american football was always bigger in Germany than in the UK....some city near all the Army/USAF bases prob
Frankfurt. a lot of army around, international airport, Galaxy-games were attended very well. though, i dont think that your prices would be paid here.
Originally posted by jrg:
Only thing I don't get is how St. Louis is w/ the 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks.

They should be w/ the Lions, Bears, Packers, Vikings.

Because the Rams were originally in LA. Plus the divisions are only 4 teams, and they wanted to keep the long time rivalries of GB/CHI/MIN/DET together. Plus Rams/49ers is a classic rivalry.

• fryet
  • Veteran
I like the OP's proposal to separate the conferences by east/west. It would cut down on travel time. I don't agree with getting rid of the 4 team divisions, basing playoffs only by record, or having fewer playoff games overall. I also think that one inter-conference game per year is too few. The current 4 per year sounds about right.
Only if Joe Buck gets to broadcast every game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Because the Rams were originally in LA. Plus the divisions are only 4 teams, and they wanted to keep the long time rivalries of GB/CHI/MIN/DET together. Plus Rams/49ers is a classic rivalry.

To be honest, I don't look at Rams/49ers as a rivalry. Sure there were years where they were good, and other years where we were good, and a few years where we were both good, but it just doesn't feel the same as the current Seattle/49er rivalry. If Seattle/49ers continue to be NFL elite, and be fighting over the NFC West division, then I think that truly has a chance to be a rivalry.
Originally posted by fryet:

To be honest, I don't look at Rams/49ers as a rivalry. Sure there were years where they were good, and other years where we were good, and a few years where we were both good, but it just doesn't feel the same as the current Seattle/49er rivalry. If Seattle/49ers continue to be NFL elite, and be fighting over the NFC West division, then I think that truly has a chance to be a rivalry.
how old are you ?

What you are experiencing right now with Seattle is the same with what was going on with the LA Rams plus there will always be rival with the Bay and LA but...There are ups and downs through out the years.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by fryet:

how old are you ?

What you are experiencing right now with Seattle is the same with what was going on with the LA Rams plus there will always be rival with the Bay and LA but...There are ups and downs through out the years.

I hated the Lambs during the 'Greatest Show on Turf' years. Before that I remember watching the 1989 MNF game where John Taylor singlehandedly owned the Rams with two 90 yd TDs and clinched the NFC West for the team in the process.
Share 49ersWebzone