Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.
Edwards >>>> every WR on our roster.
I'm pretty sure Edwards is borderline garbage
any receiver that puts up 1300+ yds and 16tds in a season qualifies as a #1 receiver... I agree that he had some issue with the droppsies last year, but that doesnt take away from his obvious skill. Its either Dez Bryant next year or trade for this guy... I 9;d like Brandon Marshall, but I dont see management making a play for him with all that baggage.

didnt braylon want to play for us in 05 when he was in the draft also?

We were drafting #1 overall. Who wouldnt want that type of contract?
Steve Smith
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
dwayne bowe is supposedly available

Bowe is the only receiver in this thread mentioned so far that I would trade for.

I know the 49ers were ready to draft him if Willis wasn't available at #11 in the 07 draft.

But I would probably wait until after this Crabtree fiasco ends because the Chiefs would probably ask for a 1st rounder.
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.

This.

#1 WR's rarely if ever get traded. Just like Franchise QB's rarely if ever get traded or top teir RB's. Denver is an exception with Cutler being traded to Chicago. But they are stupid. And you don't see top tier young skill position players being traded. They are held onto. And they will get the Franchise Tag if need be to keep them. They are not readily available period.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 2, 2009 at 02:34:17 ]
but we have josh morgan

why would we need to trade for a #1 wr when we have this stud
Originally posted by RonMexico:
but we have josh morgan

why would we need to trade for a #1 wr when we have this stud

He's not that good. More of a #2 or a #3 on Arizona. Our WR's are still very under talented. But not as pathetic as a few years ago. Because it is not as pathetic as a few seasons ago many fans have the impression it is good enough. But our WR situation is not very good. Lots of teams in the league have better players at that position.
for the people wanting a link about Bowe being available..

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/13794/20090923/chiefs_would_listen_to_offers_for_bowe/
We will get a #1 WR soon, hopefully our #1 QB too.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Correct.

Quote:

-Q: Were you interested in trading for Boldin?

-McCLOUGHAN: We’ve had discussions internally. They’re not willing to trade him within the division.
If I am #1 WR I would not want to come to a first Run orinted team, but hay that is just me ! that's why Craps**t don't want to sign unless we overpay him ! cuz he knows 2nd contract won't be as high cuz of the #'s ! Look at our WR & TE , our leading WR is a TE. We are going from the inside out ! RB then TE and last is WR !

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
I agree we should trade for a #1 WR. Edwards is so over rated and drops too many passes. I'd rather have Boldin. But, it's never going to happen. We SHOULD have landed TJ "Who's yo mama!"

I'm starting to lose faith in Scotty...He's done some good things but isn't it his responsibility to check out the Agents before we WASTE $ on a #1 pick?

I'm ashamed to say it, but maybe the Raiders knew what they were doing???

No. Mike Lombardi of the NFP who is a former Raiders employee was likely correct when he said Al Davis doesn't draft players who have no known 40 time.

With the contract Davis gave to DHB he would have had no issues paying MC.
Braylon Edwards? He's not been real good the last couple of years. Drops A LOT of passes.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Brandon marshal!!!! Or sign T.O. Next year

T.O.? Yeah, now he not only causes dissension, but he sux now. Zero catches last week? I sense an eruption...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by TowelBoy:
I'm a bit jaded about continuing to play the draft for a game-breaking WR. Third rounders that never pan out, first rounders that never sign... etc. I'd much rather focus our great draft picks on filling other needs and possibly securing a franchise QB.

With that said, is our passing attack fine as is? Are Vernon Davis, Josh Morgan, and some sure-handed veterans enough to supplement our RB-centered offense?

If not, is it time (by time I mean next offseason) the 49ers start throwing high round picks around when names like Anquan Boldin and Braylon Edwards go on the trading block?

Thoughts?

I think Brandon Jones has big play abbility

He has missed 16 games in 5 years and has never put up more than 500 yards receiving and he played on a team that did not have much WR talent. He might help stretch the field and make a few big plays but he has never proven to be a game changer.
I'm against drafting a top receiver next year. Bryant is not a can't miss prospect like the Johnsons, and we have too many needs elsewhere to spend a high 1st round pick on another receiver.

We're a run first team that wants to play lights out defense. Stick to your guns.
Share 49ersWebzone