LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Who should be the fastest person on both sides of the ball?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I was just at home thinking who is the fastest person on both sides of the ball for us, i know on offense it's either vd or jason hill, but then on the titans the fastest person on their offense is chris johnson the rb, so who is the fastest person on both sides of the ball for us, and what position should normally be the fastest?
oh yea i didn't include kory sheets
Timed speed yeah VD was 4.38, Hill was 4.32 and Willis on defense was 4.37. I would say normally your CBs are the fastest on defense which is why Willis is so special. Although, our CBs are bigger and more physical compared to other teams who might go for the quickness. On offense I wouldn't argue that a RB or WR is the fastest on probably all the teams. If I had to guess I would say RBs would beat out WRs on most teams.

P.S. If you are referring to game speed Willis is the only one I have seen play his timed speed.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Timed speed yeah VD was 4.38, Hill was 4.32 and Willis on defense was 4.37. I would say normally your CBs are the fastest on defense which is why Willis is so special. Although, our CBs are bigger and more physical compared to other teams who might go for the quickness. On offense I wouldn't argue that a RB or WR is the fastest on probably all the teams. If I had to guess I would say RBs would beat out WRs on most teams.

P.S. If you are referring to game speed Willis is the only one I have seen play his timed speed.

Willis ran a 4.49 at the Combine. The 4.37 you are quoting is on a different surface. A fast indoor rubber track I believe. His official time was 4.49 at Indy. That's very fast but not as fast as VD. Jason Hill and VD are probably the 2 fastest guys on Offense for the 49ers. I believe Nate Clements is something around 4.33 in the 40 or at least that is a # I have seen before in relation to him. So he IMO is the fastest on Defense.
VD has fast straight forward speed. When he tries to cut or make quick movements, he looks like a fullback. He needs to stop pumping so much iron and get a little leaner.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
VD has fast straight forward speed. When he tries to cut or make quick movements, he looks like a fullback. He needs to stop pumping so much iron and get a little leaner.

He's fine the way he is. His biggest problem is catching the ball. If he catches it you can have performences like last week. Close to 100 yards and 2 TD's. There is nothing wrong with that.

Weight lifting doesn't make you less flexible. In most cases it makes your more flexible and can make you quicker. There is nothing wrong with being really strong. Of course he doesn't move like a 200 lb. man. He is 6'3" 250 lbs. But he will run people over and block too. He is a TE. Not a WR.
Jason Hill is without a doubt our fastest offensive player...

yes he ran a 4.31 at the combine, but there are also rumors that he has run 4.2x times unofficially during his college career..im still incredibly bummed that he hasnt gotten many chances, the guy goes from being the most feared pac10 receiver in his tenure, to barely even getting any chances on the field..

he is a guy who i feel like if we let him go, he goes on to find a lot of success elsewhere, and we regret it..

obviously skill position players should be your fastest...DB's, WR's, RB's mostly...occasionally as in our case we have those physical phenom TE and LB's that are a lot faster than the norm while still having the proper size....
Share 49ersWebzone