There are 213 users in the forums

Minnesota Knows They Dodged a Bullet

Shop 49ers game tickets
They can't feel too confident about how they won the game today. What's great is that we played them to the very end, and they were genuinely surprised about how much of a fight we gave them. Adrian Peterson looked stunned whenever we took him down after 1, 2 yard gains. I bet this game is one of the only games where a defense holds him to less than a hundred yards. We should take pride in that we've got AP's number.

I hope someone spanks Minnesota. And I don't see Favre making it through the entire season, if he continues to take a beating like he has been. Without Favre, the Vikings are not the same team. I can't wait until the next time we meet them. We will be ready and even more determined to beat them.
Actually, I hope Favre stays healthy and blows a lot of games for them this season. He won't get lucky again like he did yesterday. Also, Singletary's talk about seeing them in the Playoffs would be fine, but I'd be happier if they FAILED to make the Playoffs instead.
They led the majority of the game and if it wasn't for a blocked kick they might have run away with it. Yeah there were times when we looked like the better team, but there was also times when they looked like the better team too.

I think we all knew this game would be a back and forth and would come down to the final drive. I just don't think anyone thought Favre could do what he did still.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Actually, I hope Favre stays healthy and blows a lot of games for them this season. He won't get lucky again like he did yesterday. Also, Singletary's talk about seeing them in the Playoffs would be fine, but I'd be happier if they FAILED to make the Playoffs instead.

He's gonna do the same thing in Minnesota that he did last year in New York.

Don't get me wrong, the Vikings are a very good team, but I still don't think they are for real in regards to winning a Super Bowl
I like the fact that he's playing for the Vikings. By taking their starting QB job, they will put more miles on their defense, add a year or two to APs legs, probably force them to draft later than they would at least next year, and most importantly take reps away from their other two or three QBs.

Bottomline, they are leveraging their franchise for short term glory instead of building for the future. I like it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I generally agree that Vikings are overrated. They had trouble beating Detroit and didn't exactly blow away Cleveland the week before either.

They're a good team, but they aren't Superbowl contenders like everyone is anointing them. They aren't even the best team in their division.....Green Bay is arguably better and Chicago (with an improving Cutler) might be too.
I don't understand the logic of people who say that they aren't a contender...They have one the best running game in NFL, they have one of the best run defenses. They have a physical secondary, they also have good special teams. And now with the emergence of a QB, I don't see why this team can't beat any team in the NFC.
Originally posted by Psinex:
They can't feel too confident about how they won the game today. What's great is that we played them to the very end, and they were genuinely surprised about how much of a fight we gave them. Adrian Peterson looked stunned whenever we took him down after 1, 2 yard gains. I bet this game is one of the only games where a defense holds him to less than a hundred yards. We should take pride in that we've got AP's number.

I hope someone spanks Minnesota. And I don't see Favre making it through the entire season, if he continues to take a beating like he has been. Without Favre, the Vikings are not the same team. I can't wait until the next time we meet them. We will be ready and even more determined to beat them.

GORE IN = Win so the next time it won't even be a close game. Gore rushing and especially receiving can take out any lb's the vikes have
It was a hell of a game & we will get them next time!
Spent some time reading one of their forums (from the fan2fan link) and some of them acknowledge that the game was closer than they thought it would be, and the niners are alot better than they thought. You can tell from some of the not-so homerish ones that they know they got lucky.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
They led the majority of the game and if it wasn't for a blocked kick they might have run away with it. Yeah there were times when we looked like the better team, but there was also times when they looked like the better team too.

I think we all knew this game would be a back and forth and would come down to the final drive. I just don't think anyone thought Favre could do what he did still.

ARE YOU CRAZY??? THEY got a special teams TD as Well. AND Gore was out. With Gore in....i think he would of done a yard or 2 better than Coffee and comes down with 1 catch for the day....GAME OVER. Think Mcfly think!
I am no vikes fan but I was glad they beat the packers last night, I would be dreading the Niners going to Lambeau later this season to face the pack if they pulled out a win last night. The packers are not a bad team, but I am confident the Niners will take care of business when we do play them.
Share 49ersWebzone