LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

What happened to the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
their defense is nothing like it was last year. amazing what haynesworth and a coordinator can do
They are still a tough team and have been in every single game. They are just losing when it counts each week. The defense definitely is missing something though.
We have a good shot to beat these guys when we play them. Hope were ready.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
their defense is nothing like it was last year. amazing what haynesworth and a coordinator can do

and i think it is more haynesworth than shwartz. what that guy did to the pocket was riddikulus.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
They had a good defense before Shwartz and before Haynesworth. Collins is turning the ball over like he didn't do last year and that's put the D in tough spots. They've lost each game in the 4th quarter with a lead, they never did that last year. I think there's a hangover from last season that was reinforced in that loss to Pitt, similar to what's happening with Carolina. I'm not so sure they bounce back this year. They need a spark, I wouldn't be surprised to see VY very soon as they need to see what he can do. He could either spark a turnaround, or flop and at least they know it's time to go another route. I think we've seen the best of Collins come and go.
Originally posted by TX9R:
They had a good defense before Shwartz and before Haynesworth. Collins is turning the ball over like he didn't do last year and that's put the D in tough spots. They've lost each game in the 4th quarter with a lead, they never did that last year. I think there's a hangover from last season that was reinforced in that loss to Pitt, similar to what's happening with Carolina. I'm not so sure they bounce back this year. They need a spark, I wouldn't be surprised to see VY very soon as they need to see what he can do. He could either spark a turnaround, or flop and at least they know it's time to go another route. I think we've seen the best of Collins come and go.

Yeah I agree, they need a spark. I wouldn't count Jeff Fisher out yet, dude is a hell of a coach and always has his team in games. I think He's one of the underrated coaches.
Loss of Schwartz and Haynesworth.

Collins is not playing at the same level he did last year don’t know if that is his problem or they are having OL or WR problems.
Originally posted by jrg:
Haynesworth, lost D coordinator.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Would be interesting to see when they go that route. They play Jacksonville this week, if this isn't their first win I don't know when it will be.
when are they going to get a win! better not be against us

they done fell off son
Originally posted by teeohh:
when are they going to get a win! better not be against us

nope, we re going 12-4 and they will not be one of our 4 losses
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Loss of Schwartz and Haynesworth.

Collins is not playing at the same level he did last year don’t know if that is his problem or they are having OL or WR problems.

collins can't win games himself, with the defense playing horrible he then has to try to win it.

if the defense was bad last year it would of been the same story.
I watched the game today. They looked terrible. Inept on offense and defense. The commentators kept talking about Vince Young possibly taking over. It would've been worse if he came in.
Originally posted by jrg:
Haynesworth, lost D coordinator.

That's a huge part of it. It's still surprising to see how far they've fallen so far.
Share 49ersWebzone