LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos

JUST IN: Peyton Manning says he plans on playing next year "if the #Broncos will have me."

How long are the Broncos gonna ride this old horse and not draft a new one. Dude from Arizona St. isn't anything special, during Preseason dude just looked lost.
Let's sign him up! Championship
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
They should probably think about drafting a QB soon

I think they should acquire RG3. He could sit behind Manning for a year and allow the stink of DC to come off. Could be like when the 49ers traded for Steve Young after he washed out with the Bucs.
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

I think they should acquire RG3. He could sit behind Manning for a year and allow the stink of DC to come off. Could be like when the 49ers traded for Steve Young after he washed out with the Bucs.

Maybe we can trade Kap to them for a 1st rounder
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

JUST IN: Peyton Manning says he plans on playing next year "if the #Broncos will have me."

How long are the Broncos gonna ride this old horse and not draft a new one. Dude from Arizona St. isn't anything special, during Preseason dude just looked lost.

He deserves a chance though. He's been learning under Manning and was still pretty good at ASU. I'd give him a season to see how he is. No one really knows what they have in him until he can get some snaps under him.
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:

Probably would cost then too much but I agree it would be awesome for him.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He had a couple of bad games, he will be fine for the rest of this season.
What's up with they pink thing on his forehead? Doesn't he know it's not breast cancer awareness month anymore
Manning looks completely done. Guile has been making up for lack of arm strength for some time now, but time catches up with everyone eventually. The picture above is very funny.

• Rascal
  • Veteran

If Osweiler is not the guy, then they will need to plan ahead. There is no way you can keep riding Manning, Elway has put all resources behind the guy and built one heck of a roster around him. Last year, some might blame it on the D, but not this year. In essence, at the end of the day, Peyton Manning is just not a guy you can look at in winning games in the postseason consistently. If he carries on playing next year, he is just going to be worse than this year. The team is ready to win now, is hard to make further improvements on other parts of the roster. They just need a QB who can get them over that hump. I think is time to take a different direction, draft a QB and take some chances. We are not even talking about the Seahawks here, they can't even get passed the Colts. The Pats already have a promising young QB in Garappolo to take over if and when Brady is ready to hang it up, so if Osweiler is not the guy they better find one fast.
Originally posted by Rascal:

If Osweiler is not the guy, then they will need to plan ahead. There is no way you can keep riding Manning, Elway has put all resources behind the guy and built one heck of a roster around him. Last year, some might blame it on the D, but not this year. In essence, at the end of the day, Peyton Manning is just not a guy you can look at in winning games in the postseason consistently. If he carries on playing next year, he is just going to be worse than this year. The team is ready to win now, is hard to make further improvements on other parts of the roster. They just need a QB who can get them over that hump. I think is time to take a different direction, draft a QB and take some chances. We are not even talking about the Seahawks here, they can't even get passed the Colts. The Pats already have a promising young QB in Garappolo to take over if and when Brady is ready to hang it up, so if Osweiler is not the guy they better find one fast.

They just need a QB who allows them to run the ball more. Brady wins when NE can run. So does GB minus DAL turnovers and so does Romo. None of these QB's can win in the playoffs without a run game.

That's why SEA is going to take it all.
Sign heem
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Rascal:

They just need a QB who allows them to run the ball more. Brady wins when NE can run. So does GB minus DAL turnovers and so does Romo. None of these QB's can win in the playoffs without a run game.

That's why SEA is going to take it all.

In general, yes. But, it was not like the Broncos didn't try to run the ball totally, Anderson and Hillman had a combined total of 20 carries. And interesting you mentioned the Pats, they couldn't run the ball at all against the Ravens, 3 of their RBs had a combined total of just 7 carries.

Like I said, in general I do agree about being able to run the ball and to field a more balanced attack. But, in the case of the Broncos tonight, it was just down to the QB who couldn't make plays when he had to which made the difference.
Bye bye DH. Should have come to us. You could have had 2 more rings.
Share 49ersWebzone