LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
Peyton Manning will meet w Dolphins coach Joe Philbin & Titans coach Mike Munchak during next 3 days, scheduled away from team facilities.
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that theTexans recently inquired about Manning. The Texans are now regarded as one of the six teams alive in the Peyton chase, along with the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and 49ers.

The Texans and 49ers should have been at the front of the line from the start for Peyton. Either team would instantly become the odds-on favorite to win their conference championship with a healthy Peyton in the fold.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/report-texans-inquire-about-peyton/

Not caring if we are actually after him but is this guy smoking something he's the only source I've EVER seen that listed us as in the running lol
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that theTexans recently inquired about Manning. The Texans are now regarded as one of the six teams alive in the Peyton chase, along with the Broncos, Dolphins, Cardinals, Titans, and 49ers.

The Texans and 49ers should have been at the front of the line from the start for Peyton. Either team would instantly become the odds-on favorite to win their conference championship with a healthy Peyton in the fold.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/report-texans-inquire-about-peyton/

Not caring if we are actually after him but is this guy smoking something he's the only source I've EVER seen that listed us as in the running lol
hes the only source to say us and the texans are interested, dont believe unless i hear schefter or mortensen report
49ers and Texans? -Come on, they have f**king Schaub (con-currently the best QB in that division now). -Only new team to enter the race has been the Titans as of today.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM ]
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Cardinals are expected to release OT Levi Brown, whom Arizona selected with the fifth pick in the 2007 draft ahead of RB Adrian Peterson.

Clearing that cap space for Manning?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cardinals are expected to release OT Levi Brown, whom Arizona selected with the fifth pick in the 2007 draft ahead of RB Adrian Peterson.

Their O-line is going to suck even more now. Manning will not sign there.
Smart move, put a brittle QB behind a cheesecloth O line. I just hope the referees will not give him any special attention by not letting anyone pound him. Just afraid that anytime a defender places his hand on him, they will be called for roughing the QB.

Ironically enough, eli wins a superbowl, and payton is STILL overshadowing him in the press lol.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM ]
The Denver Post is reporting the 49ers are one of the six teams interested in Manning. When did this happen? Were the 49ers part of the undisclosed "secret" team associated to the original 12 teams interested in Manning?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20156608/broncos-among-teams-talking-contract-peyton-manning
[ Edited by LoboLtnLvr49er on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

They are so over the cap it was going to happen
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Meh I was only like 7 but I still hate that Anus Williams dude from the Cards, he ended my fav players career.
hate lawrence phillips more

This.

Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
The Denver Post is reporting the 49ers are one of the six teams interested in Manning. When did this happen? Were the 49ers part of the undisclosed "secret" team associated to the original 12 teams interested in Manning?

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20156608/broncos-among-teams-talking-contract-peyton-manning

This isn't the first time I heard it today...most implying Smith not signing is making us look more than we were.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

This isn't the first time I heard it today...most implying Smith not signing is making us look more than we were.

WOW MOSS & MANNING!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol. u know cardinal fans were all wet.

Hey! They don't get to be relevant all that often!
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I have heard other media outlets talk about how the 49ers should pursue Manning, but the dude in this article is alluding that the Niners are a confirmed legitimate contender (part of the six) teams interested in Manning. Why put the Niners in the mix with the other six teams that have sources confirming their interest in Manning? My take after reading this article, is that there must be a source confirming the Niners interest, which again is not reported anywhere else. Obviously, the lack of Smith's signing stirs speculation, but going from speculation to being associated to a group of six teams confirming their interest on Manning is a big jump.
I did not listen to the Manning talk, figured Smith would be back. But now that the 9ers are in FA and Smith is not signed, let the speculation begin.
Share 49ersWebzone