There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peyton Manning

Originally posted by smithc28:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I think Denver is going to win the Manning sweepstakes and Tebow is gone

Miami dude, they'll pay him a fortune and he'll save their franchise.

It's possible but I think Manning would respect Elway a lot more. Miami is still a big ? and going against Brady will not be easy with any new team. You have to figure the Pats will be favorites regardless so Manning would need to hit Wild Card spots. Denver has to face SD, Oakland, and KC...a much easier road to cross for a playoff spot.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by English:
So what you are saying is, Manning's O line was better than Smith's.

If you think that the QB doesn't play a massive role in taking sacks, then I don't know what to tell you. Just look at the difference in the number of sacks taken by the poo-poo platter of Painter/Collins in 2011 versus 2010. You think it was the o-line that got that much worse? No, Peyton does so much for the o-line before the snap, seeing the blitz before it comes, and he gets rid of the ball and anticipates receivers better than anyone in the league.

Peyton behind our o-line wouldn't take many more sacks than he did behind the Colts 2011 line, and that's accounting for the adjustment period he'd need. Because our o-line is much better than the Colts'

Yes, their O line did get worse.

I will be nice and not toast you for that last para. Manning had zero sacks behind the 2011 Colts O line.
Peyton left AZ at 3:40 local time. Still looks like Peyton f**king Manning.
peyton has left the cardinals headquarters after a 6 1/2 meeting
Originally posted by dhp318:
So what you are saying is, Manning's O line was better than Smith's.

If you think that the QB doesn't play a massive role in taking sacks, then I don't know what to tell you. Just look at the difference in the number of sacks taken by the poo-poo platter of Painter/Collins in 2011 versus 2010. You think it was the o-line that got that much worse? No, Peyton does so much for the o-line before the snap, seeing the blitz before it comes, and he gets rid of the ball and anticipates receivers better than anyone in the league.

Peyton behind our o-line wouldn't take many more sacks than he did behind the Colts 2011 line, and that's accounting for the adjustment period he'd need. Because our o-line is much better than the Colts'

Yes, their O line did get worse.

I will be nice and not toast you for that last para. Manning had zero sacks behind the 2011 Colts O line.

like i said in previous comment

they had 3 new members of the o line including new LT RG and RT
Report: Peyton Manning is the Cardinals' to lose.

http://arizonasports.com/40/1512908/Gambo-Peyton-Manning-is-Arizona-Cardinals-to-lose

Yet another page in the Peyton Manning saga, but this one will likely have Arizona Cardinals fans excited.

In the midst of Manning's meetings with the franchise, John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 620 tweeted that things were looking up at the Tempe facility.

"Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising"

As the rumors about meetings and situations fly, Cardinals fans are likely encouraged by the news they're hearing. The quarterback has only met with one other team, Denver, thus far. He spent more time with the Cardinals than he did with the Broncos. Target-wise, the desert boasts Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald, where as the Broncos can only offer a combo of Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas. And with time to meet with just one more team prior to the opening of free agency, Manning will be forced to make a decision soon.

While it will likely be a few more days until anyone hears anything solid, it looks like the Cardinals are quickly becoming one of the best options for Manning, if not his preferred one.
Originally posted by okdkid:

http://arizonasports.com/40/1512908/Gambo-Peyton-Manning-is-Arizona-Cardinals-to-lose

Yet another page in the Peyton Manning saga, but this one will likely have Arizona Cardinals fans excited.

In the midst of Manning's meetings with the franchise, John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 620 tweeted that things were looking up at the Tempe facility.

"Just got off phone so in nutshell I'm hearing that unless bidwill screws this up peyton should be a card. Nothing done yet!! but promising"

As the rumors about meetings and situations fly, Cardinals fans are likely encouraged by the news they're hearing. The quarterback has only met with one other team, Denver, thus far. He spent more time with the Cardinals than he did with the Broncos. Target-wise, the desert boasts Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald, where as the Broncos can only offer a combo of Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas. And with time to meet with just one more team prior to the opening of free agency, Manning will be forced to make a decision soon.

While it will likely be a few more days until anyone hears anything solid, it looks like the Cardinals are quickly becoming one of the best options for Manning, if not his preferred one.

Manning will be forced to make a decision soon.

Not really....and AZ has a s**t OL.

it makes a lot of sense for him to go to AZ.

he's gonna look awful in their uniforms though.
If he goes to AZ they will become the favorites to win the West. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by Muggins:

Harbaugh loves this.

That means they'll end up in 3rd.

there is a reason all of their QB's got injured...Manning goes to AZ I say he doesn't make it past 6 games
Originally posted by jreff22:

there is a reason all of their QB's got injured...Manning goes to AZ I say he doesn't make it past 6 games

That will definitely be a prop bet. I'd set the over under at 10.5 starts.
That will definitely be a prop bet. I'd set the over under at 10.5 starts.

I would bet that he would start all 16 games
let him go to az, we can retire him like they retired young