LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Method:
I'm sorry. But a Peyton manning at 80% is still better than pretty much every qb in the nfl minus like 4 guys. Excusing the amount of skill he has is disingenuous to just how good he really is.

Peyton Manning at 80% for 16 games is still a pretty elite QB. But Peyton Manning at, say, 80% for 4 games, 60% for 2 games, and on IR for the rest isn't better than anybody.

this
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
We have an all world defense but I don't want to see two hall of famers Larry Fitz and Peyton Manning playing catch in our secondary.
It would look even worse if we signed Average Alex and missed the playoffs because the Cards signed Manning and beat us. That's
a lot of ifs, but lets be honest - Its Peyton Manning.

Larry Fitzgerald has a ways to go to be a Hall of Famer.

no

imo he is going to retire as second best WR in nfl history

he is a guarenteed HOF

he also has produced like 1200 yard season with max hall/skeleton as his qb i hate that e is on our division cause i actually like the dude he is a class act
Originally posted by EndAround81:

I love what you did here!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

no

he is a guarenteed HOF

he also has produced like 1200 yard season with max hall/skeleton as his qb i hate that e is on our division cause i actually like the dude he is a class act

he is currently ranked 40th all time in receiving yards, 30th in TD's, and 39th in receptions. He's only 28 and already has had a pretty great career, but those numbers indicate that he has--as I said--a ways to go before you call him a "guaranteed Hall of Famer." Cris Carter can't get in, if that gives you any indication of what a slam-dunk Fitzgerald is.
I think Denver is going to win the Manning sweepstakes and Tebow is gone

no

he is a guarenteed HOF

he is currently ranked 40th all time in receiving yards, 30th in TD's, and 39th in receptions. He's only 28 and already has had a pretty great career, but those numbers indicate that he has--as I said--a ways to go before you call him a "guaranteed Hall of Famer." Cris Carter can't get in, if that gives you any indication of what a slam-dunk Fitzgerald is.

Cris Carter will get in eventually. Larry Fitz is a future hall of famer IMO. You can have your opinion too. It'll just be wrong.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Miami dude, they'll pay him a fortune and he'll save their franchise.
I know Peyton will get a lot of money but Miami doesn't have a good vibe right now. They missed on coaches the last two years
Peyton says no and the Dolphins are a laughing stock.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Cris Carter will get in eventually. Larry Fitz is a future hall of famer IMO. You can have your opinion too. It'll just be wrong.

Lmao at people calling him a surefire HOF'er, can anyone get in now??? Dudes had a good career for sure but he's got a long ways to go.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JMC52:

Lmao at people calling him a surefire HOF'er, can anyone get in now??? Dudes had a good career for sure but he's got a long ways to go.

Agreed 100%, he is no surefire HOFer by any means.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Why not sign both Alex Smith and Peyton Manning?

Yes, I am very serious.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
lol Bud Adams want to kick Hasselbeck to the curb for Peyton Manning

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/bud-adams-wants-peyton-manning-in-tennessee/

enter the "surprise" team that PFT was talking about. Arizona, Denver, Miami and Tennessee are now the only "viable" options.

IMHO I would die if he went to Denver and they traded Tebow to the Jags, then maybe the Jags either trade Gabbert for some pocket lint or cut him loose lol.

no

he is a guarenteed HOF

Carter will probably get in. He should, but there are no guarantees. There are a glut of receivers either playing or recently retired with numbers that would once have guaranteed inclusion, and they can't all make it. The fact is, receivers numbers are inflated because of the era that they play in. The fact that Carter can't get in even before that logjam begins makes me wonder what other candidates will struggle, once guys like Moss, Owens, Harrison, etc, start being eligible.

Fitz might continue his pace and have fantastic numbers, but Carter has shown that having the second best WR numbers of all time isn't a guarantee of anything. Fitz is on his way, but being "on the way" and being "in" are two different things.
Originally posted by smithc28:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Miami dude, they'll pay him a fortune and he'll save their franchise.

It's possible but I think Manning would respect Elway a lot more. Miami is still a big ? and going against Brady will not be easy with any new team. You have to figure the Pats will be favorites regardless so Manning would need to hit Wild Card spots. Denver has to face SD, Oakland, and KC...a much easier road to cross for a playoff spot.
Share 49ersWebzone