There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peyton Manning

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York

For the veteran minimum.

Manning wouldn't be working this hard if he knew he wasn't going to play again... I can't see a more perfect fit......

If it comes at the expense of us losing one of our top free agents, I'd rather he go elsewhere.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York

For the veteran minimum.

Manning wouldn't be working this hard if he knew he wasn't going to play again... I can't see a more perfect fit......

If it comes at the expense of us losing one of our top free agents, I'd rather he go elsewhere.

Yeah....That's the only downside....
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York

For the veteran minimum.

Manning wouldn't be working this hard if he knew he wasn't going to play again... I can't see a more perfect fit......

If it comes at the expense of us losing one of our top free agents, I'd rather he go elsewhere.

Yeah....That's the only downside....

This.

I'm just having a hard time giving up on Alex.

I hope Peyton goes to Miami and rejuvenates his Brady rivalry there. No interest of him in the NFC.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
I wonder how much those doctors got paid to clear him.

Anyway, there's no way he gets paid less than what we're going to pay alex smith. He'll go where the guaranteed money is. Miami will pay out of the ass to get him. They also don't care what style of offense peyton wants to run(harbaugh probably wants to stick to WCO). Maybe jets if their cap situation allows it.

He's still a risk to get rehurt, has played in one offense his whole career, we'll lose more of our own free agents and not be able to get any FA upgrades at WR. I'd rather stick with Alex as much as I still don't think he's our long term solution. Why start from scratch when we don't even know what alex will be like with a full offseason, healthy/upgraded WRs, and another year in the same system?
Originally posted by mike:
I wonder how much those doctors got paid to clear him.

Anyway, there's no way he gets paid less than what we're going to pay alex smith. He'll go where the guaranteed money is. Miami will pay out of the ass to get him. They also don't care what style of offense peyton wants to run(harbaugh probably wants to stick to WCO). Maybe jets if their cap situation allows it.

He's still a risk to get rehurt, has played in one offense his whole career, we'll lose more of our own free agents and not be able to get any FA upgrades at WR. I'd rather stick with Alex as much as I still don't think he's our long term solution. Why start from scratch when we don't even know what alex will be like with a full offseason, healthy/upgraded WRs, and another year in the same system?

+1 and to be honest I can't imagine us being able to afford Peyton and upgrade our team and keep it together. He's going to want atleast 15 mill per year IMO, probably more like 20, and maybe the bidding gets as much as 25. Teams like Miami and Washington with semi talented rosters but no QB are going to be willing to pay out the ass for him because of having rich owners.
still can't play: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8268da68/Manning-cleared-to-play?campaign=Twitter_video
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Doesn't mean much. "Medically cleared" doesnt mean a guy is going to perform at a high level.

If we're going to part ways with Alex...I'd rather do it with Kap...a guy who is ON the roster, who is significantly more healthy AND physically talented, and knows the offense.

Manning and his neck would come here and have to learn a brand new offense and establish rapport with brand new (sub par) WRs. Sure we'll have more prime time games but I don't see it being worth the arm and leg we'd have to pay him AND not pay others (Rogers, Goldson...?)

Our focus should be bringing in a STUD WR or two, and developing Kap and Kendall Hunter.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
seriously at this point of peyton's career with all the money hes made from being the 1st overall to his extensions and all his endorsements he needs to take a huge pay cut and just worry about winning a sb or 2. i hope he sees it that way if he does want to play for us, putting all the homerism aside i think this would be the best place for him to play due to the fact he would have the best defense hes played with his whole career and wont be pressured to put up 30 plus each week. he gets us 30 its a win locked up

IMO, the opposite will happen. Because even if healthy he is just one bad hit from being paralyzed, he has protect himself and his family anyway he can. That means he will get a "decent" contract with all the financial protection in place. Earning below market salary is definitely NOT in his interest.
wow.
I thought that this neck surgery was just a simple procedure that would make him come back without any neck pain, not a
career ender.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
wow.
I thought that this neck surgery was just a simple procedure that would make him come back without any neck pain, not a
career ender.
No such thing as a simple neck surgery.
Manning has the best doctors in the country. I seriously doubt they would publicly announced that he is fully healed and ready to resume his NFL career if it wasn't true. The question still remaining is how much arm strength will he be able to regain? Manning has already made more money that most people can dream about. He won't settle for a cheap contract but I guarantee you his #1 priority is to sign with a team that he has a good chance to win a few superbowls with during his finals seasons in the NFL.

If the Doctors clear him and can demonstrate that he still has an NFL arm then we would be crazy not to sign him.
Maybe Montana should have retired after having back surgery.
Alex could be one big hit away from re-injuring his shoulder. Most qbs are one hit away from serious injury. It's the nature of the game and not a good reason to stay away from Manning.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,331
"@JimIrsay: Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday."
Originally posted by Jcool:
"@JimIrsay: Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday."

im f**king tired of irsay, why the f**k doesnt he come out and flat out state the obvious that theyre rebuilding and theyre moving on? theyre not keeping manning and his 28 mil salary and drafting a pissed off luck so he can sit on the bench, or having a pissed off manning for getting rid of everyone hes known from pretty much his whole career on top of that seeing how depleted this team is already.