There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peyton Manning

I would be pretty shocked if he ever plays again.

When stories are constantly leaking out that he will never play again, even if they are denied, that still tells me there's something wrong. And even if he does play, it's very likely that his throwing motion, endurance, and ability to take a hit will all be compromised.

The 9ers would be fools to risk so much for a guy that's not likely to ever play at a high level again.
I would take him in a heartbeat if I knew he was 100% healthy. I think the risk is just too great if the Niners sign him. What if he gets hurt again and we probably have to go with Kaepernick next year.
Originally posted by dwy621:
I would take him in a heartbeat if I knew he was 100% healthy. I think the risk is just too great if the Niners sign him. What if he gets hurt again and we probably have to go with Kaepernick next year.

Before he can even worry about getting hurt AGAIN he has to get unhurt. That's still a pretty big question mark.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by dwy621:
I would take him in a heartbeat if I knew he was 100% healthy. I think the risk is just too great if the Niners sign him. What if he gets hurt again and we probably have to go with Kaepernick next year.

Before he can even worry about getting hurt AGAIN he has to get unhurt. That's still a pretty big question mark.


yeah and I don't care what he says, he's a pro athlete he's trying his hardest to get back and play. but 2 league sources have said his nerve could take a year to regenerate or even never regenerate, and then he's still more prone to injury because of the neck fusion. The guy could get perfectly healthy and then he takes one bad hit and gets paralyzed or something. My personal opinion is he's done.
Minimum wage and $20million bonus if he plays in the SB and we win
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Minimum wage and $20million bonus if he plays in the SB and we win

seriously at this point of peyton's career with all the money hes made from being the 1st overall to his extensions and all his endorsements he needs to take a huge pay cut and just worry about winning a sb or 2. i hope he sees it that way if he does want to play for us, putting all the homerism aside i think this would be the best place for him to play due to the fact he would have the best defense hes played with his whole career and wont be pressured to put up 30 plus each week. he gets us 30 its a win locked up
  • ace52
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 328
I know there are reasons that it may not make sense for the 49ers to go after Peyton (too costly, health a question mark,...). However, I've heard some talk that Seattle might want to get him. So let's say if it becomes clear that one of our NFC West rivals (Arizona or Seattle) is seriously going after him, should the 49ers then jump in and try to pick him up? I would hate for him to land in any NFC West team other than the Niners. That would deal a serious blow to our future playoff aspirations, IMO.
Originally posted by ace52:
I know there are reasons that it may not make sense for the 49ers to go after Peyton (too costly, health a question mark,...). However, I've heard some talk that Seattle might want to get him. So let's say if it becomes clear that one of our NFC West rivals (Arizona or Seattle) is seriously going after him, should the 49ers then jump in and try to pick him up? I would hate for him to land in any NFC West team other than the Niners. That would deal a serious blow to our future playoff aspirations, IMO.

why would he go to an NFC west rival and play the Niners defense TWICE?

He saw what we did to Eli last week. Manning would be asking for us to end his career
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ace52:
I know there are reasons that it may not make sense for the 49ers to go after Peyton (too costly, health a question mark,...). However, I've heard some talk that Seattle might want to get him. So let's say if it becomes clear that one of our NFC West rivals (Arizona or Seattle) is seriously going after him, should the 49ers then jump in and try to pick him up? I would hate for him to land in any NFC West team other than the Niners. That would deal a serious blow to our future playoff aspirations, IMO.

why would he go to an NFC west rival and play the Niners defense TWICE?

He saw what we did to Eli last week. Manning would be asking for us to end his career
Yeah aldon would end him in a second. So long buddy enjoy the wheel chair. Then seattle's stuck with their usual s**t QB who also has fewer training camp reps because of peyton. Lol.(although peyton wouldn't play preseason, so I guess that's not a big issue)
[ Edited by mike on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM ]
word is he's beefing with the Colts GM pretty bad.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,167
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.
It would be funny if Peyton Manning had a Decision special like LeBron James did two years ago
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York

For the veteran minimum.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Manning info... RT @mortreport: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Make it happen Jed York

For the veteran minimum.

Manning wouldn't be working this hard if he knew he wasn't going to play again... I can't see a more perfect fit......