LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Lol at people not wanting Peyton manning.

you might not get peyton manning though. he's 1 hit away from being paralyzed

exactly. i can't believe anyone on here does want Peyton Manning.

Colts have all but said they are ready to move on, tells you all there is to know about the concern of his injury. I love Peyton, but picturing him behind our O-line scares me

Who would he throw the ball to?

The point is moot, because he's not coming here anyway. It's a pretty safe bet imo.
I have NO clue where this is going.
Peyton will either be back to his great self , retire, or decline in his ability to play at a high level by leaps and bounds.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You aren't serious.

Who was he throwing the ball to in Indi? I mean really, who are Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon? Granted, Garcon still had a decent season, but Peyton Manning made both of those guys. Guys like Peyton Manning can make a decent receiver turn into a huge threat because he can get them the football and allow them to be "playmakers."

If Peyton is healthy, it's foolish of anyone to not want him. The Colts are probably going to release him, but for no other reason than to save $28 million in one year.

I'll say this, if we were to get Peyton Manning and one more WR, as well as keep most of the defense in tact, VD and Crabtree will explode and we will win the Super Bowl. With $40 million in cap room, that can be done (depending on Manning's contract, of course).

As I said, if healthy, it's comical for anyone to not want the best QB in the NFL.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Let him go, my friends. Let him go.
Let it begin...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
You aren't serious.

Who was he throwing the ball to in Indi? I mean really, who are Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon? Granted, Garcon still had a decent season, but Peyton Manning made both of those guys. Guys like Peyton Manning can make a decent receiver turn into a huge threat because he can get them the football and allow them to be "playmakers."

If Peyton is healthy, it's foolish of anyone to not want him. The Colts are probably going to release him, but for no other reason than to save $28 million in one year.

I'll say this, if we were to get Peyton Manning and one more WR, as well as keep most of the defense in tact, VD and Crabtree will explode and we will win the Super Bowl. With $40 million in cap room, that can be done (depending on Manning's contract, of course).

As I said, if healthy, it's comical for anyone to not want the best QB in the NFL.

One hit to the neck away from retirement. Also, you'd figure, if Peyton is no longer with the Colts, one can guess he's not healthy enough. Because, I'm sure, Peyton starts, and plays in Indy if deemed healthy.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Peyton and Irsay aren't on good terms right now. Seems like Peyton has been totally shut out of the Colts rebuilding process and is being treated like a ghost over there, so if he does make a full recovery and still wants to play, I think he goes elsewhere.

You aren't serious.

It could be done but it would mean losing most of our free agents. On a gamble. Because right now it is a gamble on his health.
I dont know if its already been mentioned in here but this Peyton and Colts fall out I feel is superseding the Favre fall out with Green Bay. Surly the Montana and 49ers parting wasnt as bad as Peytons?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Bring Peyton as Alex's backup. He will only be used for third down conversions.

i think our 3r down conversions will be fine next year when we upgrade our WR

even dave razzano who does not like alex at all said the lack of speed and sixe at WR was the main reason why our 3rd down cnversion sucks

It was a joke...

Peyton would be a fool if he doesn't come here.
Originally posted by English:

You aren't serious.

It could be done but it would mean losing most of our free agents. On a gamble. Because right now it is a gamble on his health.

And that gamble would be on his neck, so now his neck becomes our O-line's responsibility?

I love the guys talent, but when we play the great defenses and Chilo is in the game...
  • Paul
  • Veteran
everything I am reading I just hope he retires. I remember Rich Gannon went down with a neck injury (not sure if it was similar) and he never came back.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
You aren't serious.

One hit to the neck away from retirement. Also, you'd figure, if Peyton is no longer with the Colts, one can guess he's not healthy enough. Because, I'm sure, Peyton starts, and plays in Indy if deemed healthy.

sounds like a lot of assumptions to me
I don't see Peyton going anywhere, least of all here because it doesn't make sense for any of the parties involved:

1) Consider Peyton's profile in Indy. He's practically worshipped as a God there. Why would he want to leave that behind?

2) He's never played in a west-coast style offense. Though I think he'd have little difficulty picking it up, that still needs to be considered.

3) There would have to be some major concessions by the coaching staff for Peyton to even consider it. Remember that he is not only the QB in Indy, he's pretty much the o-coordinator as well. He calls some 90 percent of the plays at the line. Harbaugh being the control freak that he is (love the guy, but he even admits as much), is not going to concede that kind of power to anyone, let alone revamp and entire offense just for one player. Not gonna happen.

4) We aren't that desperate for a QB, and likely would not want to pay what it would take to land him. We're fresh off the NFC Championship game, meaning there's plenty of other teams far more QB-needy than we are. If Peyton does get released, expect a VERY expensive bidding war to follow. I just don't see Baalke/Jed kicking out $15+ million a year for someone that may not even make it 16 games.

5) On a personal note, I hate his brother. By extension that means I have to hate him as well.

All things considered, it just doesn't make sense.
[ Edited by baltien on Jan 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone