LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

The Vikings Haven't Done Anything in 2009

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't buy GPS games. Whenever we win or lose a "GPS" game, the next game just becomes another GPS game. Every game is a GPS game.

As for the Vikings, their offensive line is worse than ours considering our QB is to blame for at lest 3 of our sacks this year.

The game(s) against the Rams and Lions will not be GPS game(s).
The Vikings are 2-0 on-the-road, with both wins in the form of 2nd half comebacks from a half-time deficit. And they have done this while integrating a QB, who skipped all of TC. Jimmy Raye's comments about how the Jets struggled to ahjust to the late arrival of Favre on the Jets last year, is telling. The Vikings have also sucessfully played the judicial game, to overturn Goodell's 4-game suspension of both Pat and Kevin Williams. Peterson is off to a solid start, leading the league in rushing. All of these are noteworthy accomplishments.

Now they get to play their home-opener in front of their raucous, loyal fans. And Vikings fans are much more knowledgable and vociferous than the johnny-come-lately "fans" in Arizona. These fans will be a formidable 12th-man on Sunday.

So, will any of the above intimidate Singletary? Of course not. Can Singletary transfer his single-mindedness to his players on Sunday? Absolutely yes.

This game is going to be a tong war. When the 4th quarter rolls around, who would you rather have your money on in a tight defensive game, Childress or Singletary? I feel unexpectedly calm about the Niners ability to perform competitively this Sunday.

16-12 Niners win. Roll Niners!
Originally posted by jimbagg:
The Vikings are 2-0 on-the-road, with both wins in the form of 2nd half comebacks from a half-time deficit. And they have done this while integrating a QB, who skipped all of TC. Jimmy Raye's comments about how the Jets struggled to ahjust to the late arrival of Favre on the Jets last year, is telling. The Vikings have also sucessfully played the judicial game, to overturn Goodell's 4-game suspension of both Pat and Kevin Williams. Peterson is off to a solid start, leading the league in rushing. All of these are noteworthy accomplishments.

Now they get to play their home-opener in front of their raucous, loyal fans. And Vikings fans are much more knowledgable and vociferous than the johnny-come-lately "fans" in Arizona. These fans will be a formidable 12th-man on Sunday.

So, will any of the above intimidate Singletary? Of course not. Can Singletary transfer his single-mindedness to his players on Sunday? Absolutely yes.

This game is going to be a tong war. When the 4th quarter rolls around, who would you rather have your money on in a tight defensive game, Childress or Singletary? I feel unexpectedly calm about the Niners ability to perform competitively this Sunday.

16-12 Niners win. Roll Niners!

...Good Stuff

I am so amped up for this game
Share 49ersWebzone