LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Darrell Revis is the best cover cornerback in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He shut down Andre Johnson last week, and then he talked trash and shut down Randy Moss.

Sorry Nnamdi, Revis is the best cover CB in the NFL.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
He shut down Andre Johnson last week, and then he talked trash and shut down Randy Moss.

Sorry Nnamdi, Revis is the best cover CB in the NFL.

I think those are the top two...

I'd go with Nnamdi, only because I haven't watched Revis play a lot
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Jets got themselves a damn good defense. Plus they got Calvin Pace coming back in week 5. Tough team
he is very good
i'd say revis sits backseat to nhamdi. revis actually has a d-line now and that's a huge reason why he's been playing well. nhamdi's been playing with scrubs on the oakland d-line for the past few seasons and he's been the best cornerback
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Sep 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i'd say revis sits backseat to nhamdi. revis actually has a d-line now and that's a huge reason why he's been playing well. nhamdi's been playing with scrubs on the oakland d-line for the past few seasons and he's been the best cornerback

yeah but now nammdi has seymour and ellis on the dl. warren and that other dude, kelly or whoever, aren great but theyre better than that dude sands who they cut in the preseason. then namdi got smoked by vincent jackson last week. im a fan of his too even though hes a raider. will be interesting to see how he does with a legit dl.
He's really good, but I think it's a little too early to start throwing him in the elite class yet.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

yeah but now nammdi has seymour and ellis on the dl. warren and that other dude, kelly or whoever, aren great but theyre better than that dude sands who they cut in the preseason. then namdi got smoked by vincent jackson last week. im a fan of his too even though hes a raider. will be interesting to see how he does with a legit dl.

yeah, but the jets have:

Kris Jenkins
Bart Scott
Kerry Rhodes
David Harris

The raiders now have Richard Seymour and Kirk Morrison and Tom Cable as head coach.
Nobody even tries to throw Nnamdi's way. He's still the best. Revis is up there though, no doubt about that.
I almost started a poll about this. Asomugha is #1 IMO. Revis is definitely one of the best.

ive said it, and ill say it again, im still not on the Nnamdi train..

"oh he doesnt get picks because they dont throw to him"

gtfo, i see balls thrown his way when i watch raider games.

and guys dont throw to guys like Deion, Champ, or Rod Woodson...and they all still got tons of picks..

if a corner is going to give up one big play a game, but is going to get me 6-10 interceptions a season consistently, ill take that guy over the guy who never gives up big plays but only has 10 picks in 6 years, 4 of which game in two games, any day...

i took crap about it the last time and someone tried to tell me the goal of the defense is to not give up yards, i respectfully disagree, the defenses job is to take the ball away from the offense..
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Nnamdi is great, don't get me wrong, Revis' performances the first two weeks of this season puts him above Nnamdi for me.
Nnamdi is great, don't get me wrong, Revis' performances the first two weeks of this season puts him above Nnamdi for me.

multiple seasons > two games.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Nobody even tries to throw Nnamdi's way. He's still the best. Revis is up there though, no doubt about that.

did you watch the mnf chargers and raiders game? vincent jackson pretty much owned him with like 6 catches and 100 yards and a td. then i think dwayne bowe caught a td on him today, but im not sure he was covering bowe. nnamdi is great, dont get me wrong, but people are starting to throw his way again and he doesnt look quite as dominant as last year, when he was only thrown at like 32 times all season.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

multiple seasons > two games.

THIS

geez
Share 49ersWebzone