LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 332 users in the forums

Anatomy of an NFL play

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-anatomy-of-a-play/09000d5d812acecf/WK-1-Anatomy-Adrian-Peterson-s-64-yard-TD-run

SICKKKK

AP28 is INSANE and NFL.com keeps delivering

here's romo to roy if you wanna see that

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-anatomy-of-a-play/09000d5d812b203f/WK-1-Anatomy-Romo-to-Roy
AP28 is the f**king man, I love watching him play, you just always know he's good to bust a big run
[ Edited by King49er on Sep 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM ]
AP is great, but P-52 is better. Course one is the best RB in the world the other is the best LB in the world, to each his own.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Looking at that missed block inside, I bet Frank Gore would have been taken down in the backfield. He just doesn't have even half of the same burst as Adrian Peterson does.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
This dude is crazy. Unless something goes terribly wrong, he could be looking at the 1st ballot into Canton.
Originally posted by crzy:
Looking at that missed block inside, I bet Frank Gore would have been taken down in the backfield. He just doesn't have even half of the same burst as Adrian Peterson does.

Like there are a ton of backs in the league that do? Get real, crzy. AP is a once in a generation type RB, IMO. I don't look down on any player, including Frank, for not having the skills he does.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Like there are a ton of backs in the league that do? Get real, crzy. AP is a once in a generation type RB, IMO. I don't look down on any player, including Frank, for not having the skills he does.

Chris Johnson and Felix Jones to name a couple.

Frank is a hard, downhill runner who can break tackles once he gets to the second level. And he'd be successful running behind the Vikings o-line, but he doesn't have the elite burst to break big runs.
He might get hurt week 3.

jahvid best would have taken it to the house too

anyways, the teams that passed on peterson:

1 JaMarcus Russell QB Louisiana State Oakland Raiders
2 Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech Detroit Lions
3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin Cleveland Browns
4 Gaines Adams DE Clemson Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5 Levi Brown OT Penn State Arizona Cardinals
6 LaRon Landry SS Louisiana State Washington Redskins
7 Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma Minnesota Vikings

I'm really glad the Cardinals did, is Brown working out for them though?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Levi Brown got abused over and over last week. Parys Haralson made Levi his b***h.

Levi is a bust.

Originally posted by teeohh:

and the only ones i will say f**ked are
raiders
bucs

the lions did not need a WR but they got one hell of a WR with johnson. and i will almost never critique a team who drafts a linemen.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by teeohh:

and the only ones i will say f**ked are
raiders
bucs

the lions did not need a WR but they got one hell of a WR with johnson. and i will almost never critique a team who drafts a linemen.

Gaines Adams shows way more promise than Levi Brown. He's basically the Manny Lawson of the Bucs lol.

With the coaches talking about how he's capable of double digit sacks every year and he never delivers.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Chris Johnson and Felix Jones to name a couple.

Frank is a hard, downhill runner who can break tackles once he gets to the second level. And he'd be successful running behind the Vikings o-line, but he doesn't have the elite burst to break big runs.

Too bad neither of those players have the field vision that Frank does.

I'm not worried about our LBs....but the way he just embarrassed those DBs out there makes me cringe at what he could do to our Safeties...

thank god we have Goldson, who seems like he can hit.....as well as 2 great tackling starting CBs.....but maaaaan Roman is still back there

hopefully he never gets to that 3rd level on us..... I know we shut him down last time....but this is a new year and they have Farva, I hope Munusky dares Farva to beat him by trying to shut down AP.

Also....why the hell did everyone and they momma (Media) tell me AP was slow before the draft....and was injury prone...I believed that sh1t.

THE GUY IS A F'N BEAST!!!! I love watching him run.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I'm not worried about our LBs....but the way he just embarrassed those DBs out there makes me cringe at what he could do to our Safeties...

thank god we have Goldson, who seems like he can hit.....as well as 2 great tackling starting CBs.....but maaaaan Roman is still back there

hopefully he never gets to that 3rd level on us..... I know we shut him down last time....but this is a new year and they have Farva, I hope Munusky dares Farva to beat him by trying to shut down AP.

Also....why the hell did everyone and they momma (Media) tell me AP was slow before the draft....and was injury prone...I believed that sh1t.

THE GUY IS A F'N BEAST!!!! I love watching him run.

Goldson and Lewis are the starters, man. Roman is a back up. He's only in there in obvious passing situations. I don't think he can do too much damage.
Share 49ersWebzone