There are 183 users in the forums

whos had the better nfl career.. TO or R.Moss?

Shop 49ers game tickets

whos had the better nfl career.. TO or R.Moss?

some bias in here...

moss is a better receiver..

owens is a better runner..

the fact that owens drops the ball as often as he does, as that is the first priority of his job...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Moss is a one trick pony, he catches deep balls and jump balls. He does not go across the middle, he doesn't really break tackles, he doesn't block, he juns out runs and out jumps people. That's great if you have a guy on the other side who does those things.
As much as I dislike TO, he is the superior receiver. He is much stronger and does everything you ask a WR to do. The biggest difference I see though is playing well when it counts. Even when the pats went 18-1, once the postseason started, Moss was a non factor. Owens has always produced in the postseason and has a signature play, the Catch 2, as well as an inspired SB. Moss has none of these things.
I would take Owens, but only for one, contract season.
jerry rice
I'd say it's pretty even now, but Moss will go down as the better receiver. TO is pretty much done. Moss could still have a good 5 productive seasons in him.

At their peeks I'm taking Owens. Yeah his hands were inconsisant, but he could take it the house in any scenario.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM ]
TO had the better career no question, but to be fair Moss has GOD given talent.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
jerry rice

This.

Originally posted by TX9R:
Moss is a one trick pony, he catches deep balls and jump balls. He does not go across the middle, he doesn't really break tackles, he doesn't block, he juns out runs and out jumps people. That's great if you have a guy on the other side who does those things.
As much as I dislike TO, he is the superior receiver. He is much stronger and does everything you ask a WR to do. The biggest difference I see though is playing well when it counts. Even when the pats went 18-1, once the postseason started, Moss was a non factor. Owens has always produced in the postseason and has a signature play, the Catch 2, as well as an inspired SB. Moss has none of these things.

You forget to mention that Moss has never had significant injuries to overcome (not that I can remember--Oakland doesn't count). Owens constantly takes a beating, and is constantly injured for it. One reason why he drops balls is because his hands are often injured.

Another reason why he drops a lot of catches is because he goes for passes Moss would shirk back from, because of the devestating hit that will follow. Though Owens drops some of these (and more catchable balls, I will admit) at least he goes for them.

All I need to know about Moss' heart and guts is the 2000 NFC Championship game against the Giants. Moss gave absolutely no help to Culpepper, who threw up a catchable ball and Moss basically quit ten yards back on the route because he saw the safety creeping up.

If Moss ever played against Lott, he'd have a big yellow stain down the side of one of his thighs. Owens would probably break an arm, but at least he would try.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Both good but I like TO game! he is involve even though he is not cathing the ball.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i'll let you know when they both retire
i might get bashed for this.. but i really like steve smith better than both those guys.. if only he had a better qb than delhomme to throw it to him
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A

Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
jerry rice

This.

Originally posted by TX9R:

You forget to mention that Moss has never had significant injuries to overcome (not that I can remember--Oakland doesn't count). Owens constantly takes a beating, and is constantly injured for it. One reason why he drops balls is because his hands are often injured.

Another reason why he drops a lot of catches is because he goes for passes Moss would shirk back from, because of the devestating hit that will follow. Though Owens drops some of these (and more catchable balls, I will admit) at least he goes for them.

All I need to know about Moss' heart and guts is the 2000 NFC Championship game against the Giants. Moss gave absolutely no help to Culpepper, who threw up a catchable ball and Moss basically quit ten yards back on the route because he saw the safety creeping up.

If Moss ever played against Lott, he'd have a big yellow stain down the side of one of his thighs. Owens would probably break an arm, but at least he would try.

/thread

/debate
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
TO > Moss clearly

Moss is a giant p***y and I lost any respect I had for him after what he did in Oakland.

TO might cause problems, but he never gave less than 100% on the field.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:35 PM ]
i might get bashed for this.. but i really like steve smith better than both those guys.. if only he had a better qb than delhomme to throw it to him

steve smith's name is not worthy enough to be posted in this thread. you gotta get through marvin harrison, larry fitzgerald, or even jimmy smith !
Share 49ersWebzone