There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Urlacher is out for the year

Im no Doctor but can't u just cast it up and play through the pain? Its just a wrist?
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Im no Doctor but can't u just cast it up and play through the pain? Its just a wrist?

Did you write the Black Knight sketch for Monty Python's Life of Brian?
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
I think dislocation can be worse than a break, especially in a joint like the wrist and especially if it's severe. Unless they put some kind of heavy duty cast on that, to keep it from getting jarred at all, let alone bending, he could potentially tear some tendons and nerves and lose the function of the hand completely. It would be like someone dislocating their knee. It's going to be a while before they're able to walk properly again, let alone run. Bones mend, and usually get stronger afterwards, so it's not the same.

Though I am surprised that Kyle Orton was able to play with a dislocated index finger (on his throwing hand, no less). Maybe I'm wrong, and it's some other reason why they're keeping Urlacher out.
I'm not a medical professional, but can't you just throw a hard cast on the wrist and let him play through it?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm not a medical professional, but can't you just throw a hard cast on the wrist and let him play through it?

I guess the risk is too great..

Suck for Urlacher though.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm not a medical professional, but can't you just throw a hard cast on the wrist and let him play through it?

I guess the risk is too great..

Suck for Urlacher though.

-9fA

I was just kidding.
that sucks.. they were just talking about yesterday that he's the healthiest he's been in years

his best days are pretty much finished now..
Originally posted by BigRon:
What I don't understand is some players on Defense will play with a cast on their arms after a break but Urlacher can't after a dislocation. What's up with that

Dislocation of the wrist seems like a far more painful injury than a break on direct impact. Now a break while falling and seeing your hand dangling would probably be the worst.
I always liked Urlacher, but after that Briggs BS, all I can say is F the Bears.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Unbelievable. I was watching the game one minute listening to the announcers talk about how he was finally healthy and primed for a big year and I get some food and the next thing I know he is in a wrist brace.

You see what you did!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BigRon:
What I don't understand is some players on Defense will play with a cast on their arms after a break but Urlacher can't after a dislocation. What's up with that
Dislocation of the wrist seems like a far more painful injury than a break on direct impact. Now a break while falling and seeing your hand dangling would probably be the worst.


yup. agree 100 percent.
I wonder if he is out for the year because he would miss 6-8 games healing, then have to wear a cast limiting his play making ability, therefore causing the Bears to have a 44 man roster? Just a thought I am surprised that he is going to miss the entire season.

Any Orthopedic surgeons out there who can explain this?