LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Respect Mike Nolan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Nolan needs an established OC that isn't going to run away every season to complement him.

I saw this as his biggest downfall.

-9fA

yeah....that and running th big nickel....
Originally posted by spitninerred:
Originally posted by crzy:
He is a terrific defensive coordinator. He was just never meant to be a head coach.

Exactly. There are so many guys just like him that were never meant to be Head Coaching material. A few come to mind like Wade Philips, Norv Turner or Pete Carroll.

Pete Carroll is a head coach brah.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by spitninerred:
He is a terrific defensive coordinator. He was just never meant to be a head coach.

Exactly. There are so many guys just like him that were never meant to be Head Coaching material. A few come to mind like Wade Philips, Norv Turner or Pete Carroll.

Pete Carroll is a head coach brah.

A great head coach is college. Carroll flopped with the New England Patriots.
Where is the Big Nickel in Denver
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Conejo:
I'm still not giving him props

Bengals
Browns
Raiders
Cowboys

Let me see how they do vs the Patriots next week, then I'll believe

no matter how crappy those teams are, 26 points in 4 games is ridiculous

What's ridiculous is how inept the raiders and browns are on offense, and how the cowboys have managed to put on a suckfest so early in the season (aren't they supposed to start out hot and turn into total crap towards the end of the season? )

Look, I like many others expected this defense to be bottom 5 in the league, so I'm definitely impressed by what they've done in these 4 games even if I think they've played crappy offenses (IMO the Bengals were out of sync in their week1 matchup vs Denver) but this D is being completely overrated, and I expect them to be exposed sooner than later.

I'm just glad their next matchup isn't vs KC, I mean imagine how much "better" this defense would be after a game vs the Chiefs

Bengals
Browns
Raiders
Cowboys

What's ridiculous is how inept the raiders and browns are on offense, and how the cowboys have managed to put on a suckfest so early in the season (aren't they supposed to start out hot and turn into total crap towards the end of the season? )

Look, I like many others expected this defense to be bottom 5 in the league, so I'm definitely impressed by what they've done in these 4 games even if I think they've played crappy offenses (IMO the Bengals were out of sync in their week1 matchup vs Denver) but this D is being completely overrated, and I expect them to be exposed sooner than later.

I'm just glad their next matchup isn't vs KC, I mean imagine how much "better" this defense would be after a game vs the Chiefs

You realize we gave up more than that amount in 1 game?

Did you not see the goal line stand vs the Cowboys to win it?
is their D overrated yes but u goota love with what nolan is doing there only addition was dawkins and they went from being one of the worst D into the best D you gotta have some respect for him as a DC
I think Nolan is a very good d-coordinator and he just could not get his message across to the players as a head coach. Having a O-coordinator leave every year doesn't help either.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I think Nolan is a very good d-coordinator and he just could not get his message across to the players as a head coach. Having a O-coordinator leave every year doesn't help either.

Had Nolan stuck with one offensive scheme, the OCs leaving wouldn't have been a problem.

He went from the WCO (McCarthy) to the Coryell (Turner) to the WTF (Hostler) to whatever Martz runs.

All he did was bounce around from scheme to scheme. He should have picked one scheme and stuck with it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If Norv Turner was still in San Francisco, Mike Nolan would still be here.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Bengals
Browns
Raiders
Cowboys

You realize we'd have more than 1 shoutout if we had their schedule, right?

And the cowboys? They'd struggle to put 20 on the lambs right now

[ Edited by Conejo on Oct 6, 2009 at 11:10:24 ]

Bengals
Browns
Raiders
Cowboys

you are only giving me assumptions, not facts

Agreed.

Alex Smith would still probably be our starting QB. Gore would not have had a 2-year dip.

-9fA

Bengals
Browns
Raiders
Cowboys

you are only giving me assumptions, not facts

The Raiders and Browns being atrocious (and I'm being nice) on offense is a FACT. The Cowboys struggling on offense is a FACT.

The Broncos defense being overrated is FACT.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Agreed.

Alex Smith would still probably be our starting QB. Gore would not have had a 2-year dip.

-9fA

Man, I often think what this team would have looked like with Norv here the entire time. I think we would have made the playoffs two years ago with him.
Share 49ersWebzone