LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Shawne Merriman may be available

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
The 49ers also are not believed to be interested in another high-profile player on the waiver wire, linebacker Shawne Merriman, who was released by the Chargers Tuesday. The 49ers already have four outside linebackers on the roster and claimed a fifth, rookie Thaddeus Gibson, on Monday. Singletary on Tuesday lauded starter Manny Lawson, who had his best game of the season Sunday against the Broncos, an outing that included three big hits on Denver quarterback Kyle Orton and a critical forced fumble late in the game.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/11/niners-to-pass-1.html#ixzz14EsNilsW

You know, I'm not one that wants to go out and sign EVERY player, but dammit this is one move we have to make just to get a look see. We need some damn fire and attitude on this team. I hate seeing other teams take chances, then come out rewarded for it. I think the only time I was wrong on taking a chance on a player was Albert Haynesworth.

Dammit Sing make it happen!!!!

I agree. This season is over and we have nothing else to do other than take a look at players and see what we can look forward to for next year. We're not good enough to thumb our nose at talented players. We don't have to worry about someone breaking the chemistry because we have none. I think Merriman has been pedestrian since his one big year, so I'm not saying he's gonna come here and automatically tear it up. I'm just saying we're in perfect position to throw hailmarys.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Nov 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM ]
He'll be a Buffalo Bill.
Originally posted by teeohh:
As Fox reported, Bills are set to claim LB Shawne Merriman. Unless Buffalo changes its mind, Merriman will be a Bill.

from schefters twitter
Originally posted by Ajanke:
omg gibson over merriman? wtf

Further proof that you're clueless: The Buffalo Bills claimed Merriman.

49ers wouldn't have had a shot if they wanted to claim him.
Share 49ersWebzone