LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Shawne Merriman may be available

Shop 49ers game tickets
If he is available would you trade for him… Just for a reminder he is on his final year of his deal…

Manusky coached him in San Diego…

I think this would be great, especially for the right price….

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3171

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/07/merrimans-clock-ticking-team/?chargers
I think most teams would like to see how he plays on that knee before considering trading for him.
I would do it in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think most teams would like to see how he plays on that knee before considering trading for him.

true that
I will wait the outcome of his latest fiasco. If he is guilty, then he needs to be banned from the league for at least a year.
3rd rounder

do it
Originally posted by lamontb:

He's still better than Manny Lawson even with no leg. TRADE FOR HIM! What's even better is that Manusky coached him in SD!

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 7, 2009 at 09:48:21 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I would do it in a heartbeat.
See how he does this year. With next year probably being uncapped and if he has a good season he will be asking for a truck load of money.

Tend to side with Merriman on the Tequila issue chick is little psycho typical trailer trash former stripper trying to get attention
I say we start talking to the Chargers now & offer them a second round pick. This guy could make our defense elite in a hurry. Plus he make like being reunited with his old defensive co-ordinator. Hey Scotty, make it happen!

We should offer a 2nd and see if they bite; otherwise, send Carolina's 1st their way and we'd finally have an elite pass rusher.

I think Merriman is one of the few players in the league that could personally have a dramatic impact on our team. He'd legitimatly put us in mix as a Top-10 defense, if not Top-5.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Offer our 2nd rounder.

Imagine having Willis and Merriman ...
Offer them a 3rd rounder right now. If he gets suspended for a few games than oh well it's only a 3rd rounder and we can have him next year as well. If everything turns out well then great for us.

Or we could offer them Manny Lawson for him.
I don't know if i'd give up a first rounder to guy who's coming off major knee surgery, steroids and has anger issues.

Probably a 3rd...

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone