LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Jim Hostler "my biggest coaching mentor was Jimmy Raye"

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by kingairta:
I still say Martz wanted out. So he and Coach figuered firing would get Martz out the door without strings and a nice severence toboot.

Just cause Hostler worked for Raye means jack squat. While H. might attribute his education to Raye doesn't mean he learned anything.

Raye will be fine.

Martz did not want out. He specifically said that, and also said that was surprised he got fired.

Yeah its just that Singletary's personality didn't fit what the offense was doing. singletary said repeatedly he wants to run the ball and that just didnt jive with what MArtz wanted to do on offense. I agree the teams numbers under MArtz was pretty descent but the Chargers run the same system and have been doing so for a while and their offense is pretty good.

What I don't understand is why we havent tried to pry Billy volek from them. I always thought he was a pretty good QB and is better than Hill and smith.
Originally posted by crzy:
I said that Jimmy Raye would get Mike Singletary fired and I stand by that.

I am still shocked that we fired Martz.

Im afraid I agree with you! Singletary is a rookie and having a plain OC like this is what got Nolan in trouble... When we had McCarthy and Turner things were looking bright (which amazes me how well these 2 have done elsewhere) and once Hostler came in we fizzled. Nolan hired Martz as a quick fix for his job but that didnt even work! This is a 5/6 win team and its dissapointing that we havent progressed in the recent years
Originally posted by Faithful1978:

Im afraid I agree with you! Singletary is a rookie and having a plain OC like this is what got Nolan in trouble... When we had McCarthy and Turner things were looking bright (which amazes me how well these 2 have done elsewhere) and once Hostler came in we fizzled. Nolan hired Martz as a quick fix for his job but that didnt even work! This is a 5/6 win team and its dissapointing that we havent progressed in the recent years

When we had McCarthy every one was calling for his head. I remember when GB picked him up to be the HC everyone laughed.
Originally posted by krizay:
Quote:
Jim Hostler "my biggest coaching mentor was Jimmy Raye

Originally posted by kingairta:
I still say Martz wanted out. So he and Coach figuered firing would get Martz out the door without strings and a nice severence toboot.

Just cause Hostler worked for Raye means jack squat. While H. might attribute his education to Raye doesn't mean he learned anything.

Raye will be fine.

What are you basing this off of? The guy's been in the leauge 20 plus years and only has 1 solid season under his belt (The 2000 Cheifs). Coach's lie, Fans lie and the media lie's....but the stats don't.

but hey I believe in miracles.......
I'll see you all in Hell
Originally posted by ads_2006:

My thoughts exactly. Norv's system is Norv's system. Only HE seems to run it well.

You know how people were like, "Oh Hostler knows Turner's system, it'll be fine!" The same was said of Raye early on, that he's running Turner's system. That's terrifying.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I'll see you all in Hell

F*** will we have ANOTHER new oc for next year?

[ Edited by Daniel2778 on Sep 6, 2009 at 23:41:58 ]

Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Originally posted by boast:
  • ZRF80

Hopefully we can pick up Shanahan and bring back some Niner tradition to San Fran.....
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Hopefully we can pick up Shanahan and bring back some Niner tradition to San Fran.....

YES
  • flow
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone