LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Should we trade for Derek Anderson?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should we trade for Derek Anderson?

I think we should--the dude has the height, arm strength, age, and has been to a pro bowl. What do you guys think?

[ Edited by alpha81 on Sep 4, 2009 at 17:08:34 ]
Nah
I would. Probably a better option than Hill or Smith.
It all depends on the cost. If the deal was reasonable, then Derek Anderson would be a major upgrade from Shaun Hill.
With all the controversy in Cleveland I believe Derek would be happy with a trade. We are only a good QB away to being a playoff team. I would rather have him than stupid Craptree.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Let's see if they will take a future Crabtree for him.
one year wonder
Originally posted by jones49:
I would. Probably a better option than Hill or Smith.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes. He is better then anybody we got.
the last thing we need is to trade for a QB, we need some continuity for once

Originally posted by HessianDud:
one year wonder

I think I rather have a one year wonder than a no year wonder
Hells No! who would he replace? Davis? We arent a super bowl team yet so one player isn't gonna make a difference for this season, and definitely not the highly overrated Anderson. He had Edwards, Winslow, Cribbs and an O-line that didnt give up 55 sacks two years in a row, and still couldn't decidedly win the job.

Start warming up to the idea of Hill being the place holder until Davis takes over, Smith might have a shot but he is better off on another team.
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
the last thing we need is to trade for a QB, we need some continuity for once

Continuity? Do you really see a future with Hill?
where is the HELLZ NO option?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Hells No! who would he replace? Davis? We arent a super bowl team yet so one player isn't gonna make a difference for this season, and definitely not the highly overrated Anderson. He had Edwards, Winslow, Cribbs and an O-line that didnt give up 55 sacks two years in a row, and still couldn't decidedly win the job.

Start warming up to the idea of Hill being the place holder until Davis takes over, Smith might have a shot but he is better off on another team.

Dude be real...do you really see Hill or Davis taking us to the superbowl? Davis has played third stringer bro so dont get too exited with him.

[ Edited by alpha81 on Sep 4, 2009 at 17:24:53 ]
Share 49ersWebzone