Vick Eligible to play starting week 3

Shop 49ers game tickets
according to espn
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good for him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Good for him.

Yea, and let's also give a convicted animal abuser/killer a standing ovation when he comes in to play! Totally!

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mac707g:
Good for him.

Yea, and let's also give a convicted animal abuser/killer a standing ovation when he comes in to play! Totally!

L.I.G. it Dude! seriously!
I think Philly is going to have a special year
Good for him.

i agree 100% it rediculous, should we applaud killers who kill humans, and then give them a standing O, i think not.

I mean, good for Vick, he did his time, and hopefuly he turns it around, but im not holding my breath, and i dont like him, and yes im a dog owner and lover, so yeah i cant stand him or anyone like him, they disgust me.
Originally posted by krizay:
Good for him.

Why? Because some people have no class? I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be in the league or shouldn't get to play. I just think it's completely classless to applaud the guy, give him an ovation when he enters the game or chant his name. What has he done to deserve that type of treatment? Nothing, in fact, he's done a lot of things that would PRECLUDE that type of reaction.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Good for him.

Why? Because some people have no class? I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be in the league or shouldn't get to play. I just think it's completely classless to applaud the guy, give him an ovation when he enters the game or chant his name. What has he done to deserve that type of treatment? Nothing, in fact, he's done a lot of things that would PRECLUDE that type of reaction.

He served his time, probably more time then most others would have received, so let him play. You don't have to cheer him or watch him for that matter.
Good for him.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Good for him.

Because they are clapping for him and his football skills. they are not clapping for what he did to those animals. What he did was not football related. Thus when it comes to him playing football he should be cheered by his believers/followers.

No if he was to enter a dog show and he got a standing ovation. Then feel free to hate on the audience!

Good for him.

Because they are clapping for him and his football skills. they are not clapping for what he did to those animals. What he did was not football related. Thus when it comes to him playing football he should be cheered by his believers/followers.

No if he was to enter a dog show and he got a standing ovation. Then feel free to hate on the audience!
Good for him.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:
Good for him.

He served his time, probably more time then most others would have received, so let him play. You don't have to cheer him or watch him for that matter.[/quote]

True if you or I were caught dog fighting we would have got 90 days. He was made an example of. What he did was disgusting, but he did his time and appears remorseful. Give him another chance as long as he doesn't do anything else against the law it is time to let it go.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Ill be rooting for him ... what he did was f***ed up but he paid the price and served his time.

Its also f***ed up to root for someone to fail so Im not going to.
Originally posted by dman:
Ill be rooting for him ... what he did was f***ed up but he paid the price and served his time.

Its also f***ed up to root for someone to fail so Im not going to.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I'm not rooting for him on the field per se, but I hope he gets his life turned around, because the dogfighting was just one part of a pretty f**ked up life he was living. Hopefully he can get all that behind him and become a positive member of society.

There's something to be said for forgiveness and grace.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 3, 2009 at 14:25:53 ]
Share 49ersWebzone