LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

3rd OC Fired - - Gailey, Jags . . . Schonert

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
I remember a lot of people here wanted him too

I'd still take him. He's probably 10 times better than Raye.

based off what?

Play-calling

based off what?

Play-calling

right, he has hardly any experience calling plays. he didn't call plays at bc even. read the pft article again

"Jags" had very little experience calling plays, something that Steve Logan normally did for him at Boston College. (Logan is now in Tampa as a running backs coach and will remain there.) The Bucs reportedly grew concerned that Jagodzinski knew how to install a zone blocking running scheme on the team, but not much else"

[ Edited by alburns on Sep 3, 2009 at 12:39:51 ]

wow, just wow. Can I have some of whatever you're smoking???

Bucs and Chiefs are going to be the bottom feeders this year. I mean Jesus Christ, its preseason. I would have understood if it was in the middle of the season and they were struggling. Says a lot about both teams hiring process.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 3, 2009 at 15:26:02 ]

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Is he practice squad eligible??
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Wat chu talkin bout?

Theres being negative and theres being dumb. Im not saying im just saying.

Revised . . .

Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Bucs and Chiefs are going to be the bottom feeders this year. I mean Jesus Christ, its preseason. I would have understood if it was in the middle of the season and they were struggling. Says a lot about both teams hiring process.

I think it's better that they acted now instead of waiting 7 games.

Billy Davis, Jeff Hostler ring a bell. We knew they were in over their heads from the get go but waited until they blew the entire season before we addressed the problem.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 4, 2009 at 09:40:32 ]
I can't imagine these teams having good offenses...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
OUCH !

Quote:
Jagodzinski "not equipped" to direct NFL offense
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 3, 2009 2:35 PM ET

Perhaps there is a more salacious truth out there, but the St. Petersburg Times reports that Jeff Jagodzinski is no longer the Bucs offensive coordinator for a simple reason: he wasn't ready for the job.

"Jags" had very little experience calling plays, something that Steve Logan normally did for him at Boston College. (Logan is now in Tampa as a running backs coach and will remain there.) The Bucs reportedly grew concerned that Jagodzinski knew how to install a zone blocking running scheme on the team, but not much else.

"Sometime during training camp, it became increasingly apparent to Bucs officials and players, that Jagodzinski was not equipped to install and direct an NFL offense," writes Rick Stroud.

The team reportedly believed Jagozinski lacked "sophistication" when it came to various aspects of the passing game. Coach Raheem Morris spoke about the decision Thursday.

"Coach Jag came in and I have a lot of respect for him,'' Morris said. "But we're at the point
now where we have to be more precise and we need to be more detailed and we need to have more direction to where we're going to go. And we just didn't have it right now for whatever reason. That's about as detailed as I can get on it.''

Hiring Jagodzinski was one of the first big decisions Morris made as a head coach, and it couldn't have turned out much worse. Greg Olson, now the team's coordinator, wanted the job back in January, but the team didn't even interview him.

Stroud writes that the decision to let Jagodzinski go had nothing to do with the quarterback situation; the former Boston College head coach was in Byron Leftwich's corner. Jagodzinki reportedly got along with everyone; he just wasn't ready.

In some ways, that may be worse for his future than if the firing was personal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/03/jagodzinski-not-equipped-to-direct-nfl-offense/

Well if that's not just a swift kick in the nuts.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

From a pure OC talent view, I wouldn't worry about the effect on the Chiefs, as much as the Buccaneers. Haley was a OC as recently as last year, and built a pretty good offense in Arizona.

I'd be more worried about the Bucs.

Yes, and just into the preseason and you fire them. You might want to look at poor
choices made by Coach and GM though.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

wow, just wow. Can I have some of whatever you're smoking???

I want to be the one selling what ever it is he's smoking!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone