LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Dolphins trade 2 OL to Chiefs for undisclosed draft pick... interesting releases

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dolphins traded 2 of their backup offensive lineman (likely 53 man roster scratches anyway) for an undisclosed 2010 draft pick. I hope McGloughan will do a similar move with one or two of our surplus wr's rather than simply cutting a quality number 4 guy...

Some additional interesting transactions were made... including releasing Brian DeLapuente and Vince Redd. I would actually like us to bring De La Puenta back in, he looked great for us last preseason, and only left because the Chiefs swiped him up before he could make our practice squad... maybe this time we can stash him on our PS since he's a local Cal boy (assuming he's still eligible)

Also Vince Redd would be an interesting look... he was on the Patriots practice squad last year and made a few starts... many zoners drooled over his highlight tape at Liberty where he looked pretty good rushing the passer from a 3-4 olb type position... perhaps it's too late, but maybe a practice squad consideration for Redd given how lacking our pass rush has been... PS competition between him and Briggs could be good...

Here is the article:

The Miami Dolphins traded offensive linemen Andy Alleman and Ikechuku Ndukwe to the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday for an undisclosed 2010 draft choice.

Ndukwe started 15 games at right guard for Miami last season after an injury to Donald Thomas. Alleman played in 15 games and made four starts last season.

Earlier Monday, the Dolphins terminated the contract of receiver Ernest Wilford and waived running back Anthony Kimble, nose tackle Joe Cohen and linebackers Orion Martin and Tearrius George. Receiver Chris Williams was waived injured.

Kansas City also waived offensive lineman Brian De La Puente and linebacker Vince Redd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8121d1e9&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM ]
wasn't brian with us before? name sounds familiar
Didn't KC pluck De La Puenta from us last year?

I remember he was doing well in pre season
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Yes, that's what I wrote in the post.... not to be mean, but.....
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM ]
Maybe we should bring back joe cohen to play nt? then again if kc thought he was worthless too...
Wilford is a decent guy. he should have a new home soon.
Originally posted by BMoore56:

He flopped in Miami because they moved him to TE.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

*why. And i do mean to be mean

JK
DeLapuente is a very solid player, sure would be interested in bringing him back

*why. And i do mean to be mean

JK

haha, didnt see the JK at the end, went from
to in 2 seconds, love the zone

i didn't read the entire post either, sorry
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by BMoore56:

He flopped in Miami because they moved him to TE.

He played WR last year in Miami and flopped. They moved him to TE/H-Back this offseason. He just signed back with Jacksonville to play TE.
It takes two to tango. McCloughan can only do as much as someone wants to do with him.
Share 49ersWebzone