There are 175 users in the forums

Did anyone hear Adam Shefter?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Originally posted by pwilly52:
IBTL

Thats real mature.

Yeah, but considering how the last Brandon Marshall thread was locked after 5 posts I figured I might as well
In short, no this guy is an a*****e, makes to much money, is a cancer, etc. etc.

Edit- by the way, we lost the right to trade Crabtree's rights a while back. This isn't a serious thread. This is a duplicate of many, many Crabtree and/or B-Marshall threads. Therefore, it doesn't deserve a serious post. (p.s. sorry, I'm being a dick aren't I )
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM ]
IBTL

Thats real mature.

Yeah, but considering how the last Brandon Marshall thread was locked after 5 posts I figured I might as well
In short, no this guy is an a*****e, makes to much money, is a cancer, etc. etc.
Eh? He's only making around $400,000 this year which is chump change for someone of his caliber. There aren't many good things he can do to get out and seeing as how it worked for Cutler he's guessing it may work for him too.
[ Edited by Mospeed on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Marshall,Morgan,Crabtree? Doesn't sound bad at all.
Originally posted by titan:
Marshall,Morgan,Crabtree? Doesn't sound bad at all.

Yes, but why pay for three stud receivers when we are a run-first team? Plus, Morgan is the only normal one out of the three. Marshall is a douche and Crabtree is a diva. Our team doesn't need that. Also, what would become of Issac Bruce?
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM ]
Yeah but why stick to the notion of being a run first team? And who's to say that having a group of elite wide receivers wouldn't make us a better running team? As of right now we don't have Michael Crabtree and from the looks of it it doesn't look like were going to have him at all.

In my opinion one of the dumbest ideas that Mike Nolan brought to this organization was his idea that he would only draft or picked up players with a quality personality; just look back at all of the players that he passed up because of his idiotic sentiment.

If you really look at Brandon Marshall's situation it should be obvious as to why he's doing what he's doing. He's being paid $400,000 this year, he lost the head coach that made him into the receiver he is today, he lost the quarterback that made them into who he is today, he requested a raise and was denied and is now looking at a lose-lose situation. Even if he plays this year for the Broncos it's unlikely that he'll put up the same numbers he's put up in the last two years. If he were to get a contract extension today he'd be paid what you'd expect your typical 200 reception 2600 yard [in two years] receiver to get which would be a crap load of money. now after he lost everything they lost he's fully aware that his numbers will drop and subsequently so will his next contract.

So it's now obvious to him that Denver isn't the place to be and because of this he wants out. It's not as complex as it seems, if you just take everything that's happened so far into account then it should clear up the reasons as to why he's acting like the jerk that he is, he just wants out of Denver.
Yeah but why stick to the notion of being a run first team? And who's to say that having a group of elite wide receivers wouldn't make us a better running team? As of right now we don't have Michael Crabtree and from the looks of it it doesn't look like were going to have him at all.

In my opinion one of the dumbest ideas that Mike Nolan brought to this organization was his idea that he would only draft or picked up players with a quality personality; just look back at all of the players that he passed up because of his idiotic sentiment.

If you really look at Brandon Marshall's situation it should be obvious as to why he's doing what he's doing. He's being paid $400,000 this year, he lost the head coach that made him into the receiver he is today, he lost the quarterback that made them into who he is today, he requested a raise and was denied and is now looking at a lose-lose situation. Even if he plays this year for the Broncos it's unlikely that he'll put up the same numbers he's put up in the last two years. If he were to get a contract extension today he'd be paid what you'd expect your typical 200 reception 2600 yard [in two years] receiver to get which would be a crap load of money. now after he lost everything they lost he's fully aware that his numbers will drop and subsequently so will his next contract.

So it's now obvious to him that Denver isn't the place to be and because of this he wants out. It's not as complex as it seems, if you just take everything that's happened so far into account then it should clear up the reasons as to why he's acting like the jerk that he is, he just wants out of Denver.

I may be closed minded, but I don't exactly see how having receivers makes us better at running because I'm pretty sure that it's the running backs who do the running and not the wide receivers. Yes, I'm sure that teams would be frightened if we had four talented receivers and no one to pass them the ball (I'm not trying to start a Hill VS. Smith argument here, I'm just saying). We are a run first team. Gore is running the show out there. It will be nice to have Bruce, Morgan, (maybe) Vernon, and (again, maybe) Crabtree in instances when we need to pass the ball, but with our type of offense I don't see how Marshall would benefit. He's a top-5 receiver with 104 receptions for 1200-something yards. He would get no where near those numbers here. Thus, he probably won't want to play for us here.

Also, I bolded something. They had Mike Shanahan. We have Mike Singletary. They had Jay Cutler. We have Shaun Hill and Alex Smith. Maybe he'd benefit from a better environment, I don't know, but as of now we should stay away.
P.S. He's making 2.4 million this year, I don't know where you got the 400k figure from.
P.P.S Yes we don't have Crabtree, and we can't trade his rights, which I believe was the proposed idea to get Marshall. As of now, this thread is how Brandon Marshall is good and how he should come here just because.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Crabtree cannot be traded but it is possible (but unlikely) the Niners could trade from Marshall. As long as the conversation remains on that subject then there is no need for a lock.
swap Crabtree and a pick for Marshall
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

we cant f**king trade crabtree the deadline has passed
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

AHHH Are you kidding me??

Marshall's acting like a little b***h, but you kinda gotta give McDaniels some blame for that. He'll be gone in a year.

I'm not wild about Marshall, I'd rather not have to deal with the distraction of such an obvious crybaby piece of crap.

I would be really hesitant to embrace Marshall until he started acting like an adult. Maybe Singletary would be good for such a guy. But I'm concerned that such a guy would end up just being bad for the team.

But if he was available for a cheap trade, I think we'd have to at least look into it.

I may be closed minded, but I don't exactly see how having receivers makes us better at running because I'm pretty sure that it's the running backs who do the running and not the wide receivers. Yes, I'm sure that teams would be frightened if we had four talented receivers and no one to pass them the ball (I'm not trying to start a Hill VS. Smith argument here, I'm just saying). We are a run first team. Gore is running the show out there. It will be nice to have Bruce, Morgan, (maybe) Vernon, and (again, maybe) Crabtree in instances when we need to pass the ball, but with our type of offense I don't see how Marshall would benefit. He's a top-5 receiver with 104 receptions for 1200-something yards. He would get no where near those numbers here. Thus, he probably won't want to play for us here.

Also, I bolded something. They had Mike Shanahan. We have Mike Singletary. They had Jay Cutler. We have Shaun Hill and Alex Smith. Maybe he'd benefit from a better environment, I don't know, but as of now we should stay away.
P.S. He's making 2.4 million this year, I don't know where you got the 400k figure from.
P.P.S Yes we don't have Crabtree, and we can't trade his rights, which I believe was the proposed idea to get Marshall. As of now, this thread is how Brandon Marshall is good and how he should come here just because.

No 4th rd pick is making 2.4 mil in their 3rd year unless they have a new contract. 400k sounds a lot closer. Brandon Marshall's numbers were a product of Cutler forcing him the ball in a much more pass happy offense. Not to mention his hands need improvement and his route running is poor. No thanks on Marshall! Especially not for 60million big ones
soon as we trade for marshall crabtree will sign with our luck hahaha. but i wouldnt trade anything high for marshall. 3rd or 4th is as high as i would go for him, he's kind of a douche
Originally posted by redmanc07:

No 4th rd pick is making 2.4 mil in their 3rd year unless they have a new contract. 400k sounds a lot closer. Brandon Marshall's numbers were a product of Cutler forcing him the ball in a much more pass happy offense. Not to mention his hands need improvement and his route running is poor. No thanks on Marshall! Especially not for 60million big ones

It doesn't matter what it sounds like. In an article by the Denver Post it clearly stated that Marshall is making almost 2.2 million in the final year of his contract.

Quote:
Marshall is scheduled to make $2.198 million this season, the final year of his four-year contract.

And sorry, I meant to say 2.2 not 2.4

I don't think you're getting the situation. Marshall isn't going to get those numbers in Denver either, he's done with them so he now just wants a fresh start somewhere else. He'd rather get lesser numbers from another team than get them from the team he pour his heart and soul out to only so they can dick him over.

Also, I don't have any genuine proposed ideas on how to get him and I'm glad to hear the opposed opinions but I just felt like throwing the idea out there. Sorry if I hit some sort of irritation nerve on my fellow 49er fans.
Share 49ersWebzone