LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Matt Cassell

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's time to Man Up.

I say you choke.
I've been waiting for this post. Matt Cassell will be a bust!!! And a complete waste of money.
I hope he does well. i kinda like the chiefs, and they need someone to get the ball to dwayne bowe.
He played pretty decent last night, but I watched that game early and his protection was terrible...
He's a good backup QB that can look great on an outstanding talent rich team. On a team like the Chiefs, he's going to look like a good backup QB. He's not going to be a total bust, but the Chiefs fans are going to be disappointed. Then again, the Chiefs picked him and Mike Vrabel up in a trade with the Pats for only the #34 pick (early second rounder) of the 2009 NFL draft; that's not too expensive.
I just watched yesterday's game between the Vikes and the Chiefs, and I can't say I was too impressed with Cassel. It's just a preseason game, so it's kind of hard to draw a genuine conclusion, but I still say he looks like just a good backup QB.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
He's a good backup QB that can look great on an outstanding talent rich team. On a team like the Chiefs, he's going to look like a good backup QB. He's not going to be a total bust, but the Chiefs fans are going to be disappointed. Then again, the Chiefs picked him and Mike Vrabel up in a trade with the Pats for only the #34 pick (early second rounder) of the 2009 NFL draft; that's not too expensive.

Too bad the Chief's signed him to a 6yr/$63mil deal with $28m guaranteed.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Too bad the Chief's signed him to a 6yr/$63mil deal with $28m guaranteed.

-9fA

Yeah, that was pretty optimistic wasn't it?
I am sooo glad we didn't go after him!!!! He was heading the dream team over there in Patriot land and there was no doubt that he would flounder on a team like ours.
he just needs to throw the ball to bowe so i can win in my fantasy games

Share 49ersWebzone