Originally posted by Psinex:
In speaking about Matthew Stafford this morning, John Clayton said that he felt Daunte Culpepper might be better to start the season because, "he has experience losing games."

Asked to clarify what he meant, Clayton said that Culpepper is a veteran who has lost games, so if he starts off 0-5 for the Lions, it won't be the end of the world. But for a rookie like Stafford, he has about 20-30 games before he is judged and labeled a bust. If the first five games are hopeless because the rest of the team has no chance against a tough schedule, then it could negatively affect Stafford's confidence. So throwing him into the fire too quickly as the number one pick could be a bad idea.

Remind you of anyone whose first game was against a dominant Colts team? Rodgers was able to sit for a year or two and learn the Green Bay playbook and system thoroughly, while observing and learning from a Hall of Fame quarterback. The other guy learned from an unwilling backup quarterback and a defensive-minded coach.

I believe Troy Aikman and Payton Manning both went 1 win / 15 loses in their first year....

I basically feel, either you got it....or you don't....

David Carr, Joay Harrington, A**x S***h don't seem to have it....

a couple of years ago, Carolina basically gave David Carr a chance to be their Starting QB, but he failed.

Stafford look good out there....I say let him play.