There are 130 users in the forums

DHB has been dropping too many passes.

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is what people said when he came out of college. He's fast and doesn't have soft hands.
This is good news for them. If he was good, they'd have to trade him.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
This is what people said when he came out of college. He's fast and doesn't have soft hands.

Yep, I guess the Raiders thought they could teach him how to catch? I guess they have failed at that so far.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
He's fast and doesn't have soft hands.

• IntoTheNiners
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Dino:
He's fast and doesn't have soft hands.

GOD.. I LOVE OUR UNIS!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

Yep, I guess the Raiders thought they could teach him how to catch? I guess they have failed at that so far.

Actually he seemingly is taking it upon himself to improve...like I posted a page back he caught 11 straight on Tuesday.

Quote:
he is addressing making his hands more user-friendly by taking extra passes from backup quarterback Charlie Frye after practice and from the Jugs machine that spits out spirals.

He also is benefiting from lining up as the number 1 WR by getting to face Nnamdi every day in practice.
It cracked me up . . . I was watching the Giants-Astos Encore on CSN-BA last night and on the ticker there was an entry . . . "Darrius Heyward-Bey catches 14 of 16 passes in Napa today"
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Where's all the..... "Rookie jitters" "Rice dropped balls his rookie season" excuses Vern got his rookie year?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Where's all the..... "Rookie jitters" "Rice dropped balls his rookie season" excuses Vern got his rookie year?

Apparently they don't apply. It's funny though I read an article on this subject and Russell was saying exactly that.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Apparently they don't apply. It's funny though I read an article on this subject and Russell was saying exactly that.

The big difference: Teams passed up on Rice so his expectations weren't as high as DHB will have during the next 3 years.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

The big difference: Teams passed up on Rice so his expectations weren't as high as DHB will have during the next 3 years.

OK point taken however Vernon did get excuses from majority of WZ'ers but many of those same WZ'ers who gave a pass to VD (some still do) will be amongst the first lining up to laugh at the Raiders and call DHB a bust prematurely.

It's just funny how that works ya know

OK point taken however Vernon did get excuses from majority of WZ'ers but many of those same WZ'ers who gave a pass to VD (some still do) will be amongst the first lining up to laugh at the Raiders and call DHB a bust prematurely.

There's always two sides on players but overall, Vernon got flamed for even 1 drop or one tussle in TC more often than he didn't.

Its because its the raiders....how could you not laugh
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I'm a football fan not just a 9ers fan and I really enjoyed watching DHB at Maryland. Wish him all the best for his NFL career. He is only one of many players I like on the Raiders.

[ Edited by KRS-1 on Aug 6, 2009 at 14:04:00 ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I'm a football fan not just a 9ers fan and I really enjoyed watching DHB at Maryland. Wish him all the best for his NFL career. He is only one of many players I like on the Raiders.

Im a football fan to...but the Raiders??? You're sticking up for the Raiders???
Good for you that you like DHB I got nothing against him. Its just funny how they picked him so high when there were better players available and he was projected to go way later.
Share 49ersWebzone