LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

What happens if the Superbowl ends in a tie?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Chief:
Do both teams get a ring, trophy?

What happens?

If it takes two weeks of overtimes until someone kicks a FG, then that's what will happen.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
stop trying to divide by zero.
the go to a coinflip

then the winner has to face Bonnaduce in the finals.
  • flow
  • Veteran
After 7 quarters they have a home run derby contest with wifflebats and nerf turbos.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GoNiners:
are you serious? I mean i don't wanna make it sound like im being mean but i would figure after Mcnabb not knowing about OT rules we'd all know by now.

I know overtime rules, I am asking about the Superbowl. I've never even thought about what happens in a Superbowl overtime.

McNabb might actually think the normal rules apply to all games now.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
are you serious? I mean i don't wanna make it sound like im being mean but i would figure after Mcnabb not knowing about OT rules we'd all know by now.

I know overtime rules, I am asking about the Superbowl. I've never even thought about what happens in a Superbowl overtime.

I am still curious if Superbowl overtime has a time limit and it goes into double overtime or if it is just "overtime" with no time limit?
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A

I am still curious if Superbowl overtime has a time limit and it goes into double overtime or if it is just "overtime" with no time limit?

I believe quarters are applied in the superbowl just like the playoffs if overtime is a must.... don't know why they would make it different in the superbowl

• buck
  • Veteran

It goes into consecutive overtimes until one team wins.

They make out with each other until the other team gives in and stops.

[ Edited by 1251alex on Aug 2, 2009 at 17:30:04 ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

it continues on as quarters...It could technically be a quadruple overtime.
  • buck
  • Veteran
There is no difference. It goes by quarters. But, four quarters would happen to equal quadruple overtime or four overtimes.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

NEWBIE POTD
Share 49ersWebzone