There are 162 users in the forums

Latest Football Diner articles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hi Webzoners, we've had a busy week at the site I write for, would love you to pop in and take a read at some of the articles we've got for you.

Please find my shameless weekly plug :)

It's been a busy week at the Diner and there are still more articles to come....

Take a look at what's currently on the menu for you this week.......

Michael Vick Article

Chris Brophy looks at who may take a chance on a certain Mr M Vick in the 2009 season

Quote:
Lock up your pit bull terriers because he's coming back. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has given Michael Vick the all clear to begin practicing and playing with any team that is willing to take the chance on him.

====================================================================

2009 Diary Dates

Khaled El Sayed looks at some dates to put in your diary for potentially huge games in the 2009 season

Quote:
The days are counting down until kick off and the anticipation is building up.

The off season rumours are about to give way to training camp battles and pre season, and then once that’s over we’ve all managed to make it through the long gap between when that Super Bowl trophy was hoisted up in victory, and when the ball flies off in the air ready to bring in the new season.

Top 5 Team Surprises

Jody Jamieson takes a look at 5 teams set to spring a surprise on the NFL in 2009

Quote:
The beauty of American sports is how unpredictable it is at the best of times. In the past year we've had the Tampa Bay Rays rebounding from 10 years of futility to begin their existence to win the toughest division in baseball in their 11th season. The Rays then knocked off the Boston Red Sox again in the American League Championship Series to reach the World Series before going down 4-1 to the Philadelphia Phillies in the Fall Classic. In basketball the Eastern Conference was a two way shootout between Boston and Cleveland. That was until the Orlando Magic came and polished off the Celtics and Cavaliers in consecutive playoff rounds before being brushed aside by the Lakers in the Finals.

But if you're of an NFL persuasion (and let's face it, why else would you be here?) you may still struggle to believe that not only did the Arizona Cardinals win the NFC, but they were one defensive stop away from winning football's biggest prize.

Best Number 19 of all time is....

Chris Brophy continues his look through the best at each number, this week we find out who is the Diner's all-time great #19.

Quote:
Just like a young adult, we prepare to leave our teenage numbers with a sense of regret and excitement but before we go and head into the roaring twenties we head back to the middle of the last century to go over the story of one of the greatest players in NFL history and a man who will always have the word "legend" closely associated with his name.

NFC Fantasy Sleepers

AFC Fantasy Sleepers
Chris Brophy suggests some fantasy football sleepers for your 2009 season.

Coming up later this week Dang and Doc discuss the AFC West in Four Downs and Brian Davis looks at milestones that could be broken in the 2009 season.
My 2009 milestones article is now up :)

http://www.footballdiner.com/briandavis2.html

What do you like?
Not like?
Agree with?
Don't Agree with?

Cheers

Brian

[ Edited by BrianUKNiner on Jul 31, 2009 at 05:15:44 ]
More articles added including some fantasy articles.

Also, if you want some really in depth NFL stats then check out this site run by a friend of mine.

In Depth NFL Analysis for every 2009 game

May be of interest to you guys.

Any feedback greatly received.

My NFC East preview should be up within the next 24 hours or so. NFC North up next week.

Am on vacation next week but once I return I shall hopefully be doing a 4 downs article each week at the Diner as well as some individual articles.

Please read, please feedback, its really appreciated.

Also, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter now. Just search for footballdiner.com

Thanks guys

Go Niners!
I feel dirty and used.

This is the 49erwebzone, not Chris Brophy zone.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Aug 5, 2009 at 15:19:20 ]
Share 49ersWebzone