LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Why are people more sympathetic to vick than plax?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I don't understand why he's going to jail, did he not have a gun license or something? And if he did, he's a very popular athlete who does like to go out and have fun, I can see why he would need one. And...he shot himself. Isn't that punishment enough? It was an accident when it happened, its not like he pulled out his gun and started playing with it...he shot himself, think about it.

he thought his florida gun license carried over to ny because it does in a lot of other states. but it didnt so hes pretty much screwed. but i agree with you and back on top. i dont get it.
I don't understand why he's going to jail, did he not have a gun license or something? And if he did, he's a very popular athlete who does like to go out and have fun, I can see why he would need one.

And...he shot himself. Isn't that punishment enough? It was an accident when it happened, its not like he pulled out his gun and started playing with it...he shot himself, think about it.

but that is far worse than picking up dogs and slamming on the ground till they die didn't you know that
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Vick served his time, paid his dues. The guy should get a second chance if he is remorseful, and so far it seems like he is.

I agree, but both of them are equal in the low class thug category. I do not understand how these guys don't surround themselves with better people.

Surrounding yourself with better people means listening to things you don't want to hear. When you are in demand since 15 years of age, your ego is so inflated, you don't think you could do anything wrong.
Originally posted by backontop:
Everybody keeps saying that Vick deserves a second chance. If you were to go to prison for 2 years under a felony good luck not only in getting your job back but getting any job. Plax was just an idiot and hasn't done anything to deserve the harshness that he is getting.

Yeah but there isnt a high demand for normal people like us. There are lots of people who can do our everyday jobs.

There is only 1 Vick who runs as fast as he does from the QB position.

It is all supply and demand.
Plax can have a good case to appeal though.

He can state the facts that numerous NFL players have been sabotaged,and robbed at public places such as nightclubs.

The fact that he hasn't served time/paid enough like Vick, and the fact that Plax tries to act like a thug, also, doesn't help his image.

just my opinion.
Granted a weapon being discharged in public is a serious issue, but it was a one time incident.

I really don't see why all the animosity for Plax. I understand he has a crappy attitude, but still. All the guy did was accidentally fire a gun. It's not like he killed or injured someone.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Plax can have a good case to appeal though.

He can state the facts that numerous NFL players have been sabotaged,and robbed at public places such as nightclubs.

The fact that he hasn't served time/paid enough like Vick, and the fact that Plax tries to act like a thug, also, doesn't help his image.

just my opinion.

The problem is though that he did not have a license - and he had it in bar - and that is the law. Also, don't players typically hire bodyguards.
He is going IMHO to go to jail for at least a little while, NYC has some of the strictest gun laws on the books and both the DA and the mayor want him to go to jail.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Plax's dumbass could have killed someone.

Vick only killed dogs.

i hate when people say that, a dog is has feelings too, i agree he served his time, but it wasnt just a dog, it was a life he took away, yeah, im a dog lover, so it hits hard to me, if anyone ever harmed my animals, id kill them, litteraly, id break there f*cking neck, snap it in 2 pieces.

This is one of the problems with our country ... we have people that value animals' lives over those of people.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Plax's dumbass could have killed someone.

Vick only killed dogs.

i hate when people say that, a dog is has feelings too, i agree he served his time, but it wasnt just a dog, it was a life he took away, yeah, im a dog lover, so it hits hard to me, if anyone ever harmed my animals, id kill them, litteraly, id break there f*cking neck, snap it in 2 pieces.

This is one of the problems with our country ... we have people that value animals' lives over those of people.

Well in AB83's case, you could look at it as if someone broke into your house or messed up your car on purpose, which would probably result in the same, breaking someones neck or killing them. Now isn't that also over valuing something over life itself??
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I don't understand why he's going to jail, did he not have a gun license or something? And if he did, he's a very popular athlete who does like to go out and have fun, I can see why he would need one. And...he shot himself. Isn't that punishment enough? It was an accident when it happened, its not like he pulled out his gun and started playing with it...he shot himself, think about it.

he thought his florida gun license carried over to ny because it does in a lot of other states. but it didnt so hes pretty much screwed. but i agree with you and back on top. i dont get it.

It's a stupid argument anyway. I have a FL concealed weapons permit, and you are not allowed to bring a weapon into any place that serves alcohol, so whether he was in NY or FL, he still broke the law.

Also, you are given a list of which states recognize your weapons permit and which don't, so no matter what, he has no excuse.

Share 49ersWebzone